𝟐𝟓. 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭.

She was silent, this wasn't like her

She was silent, this wasn't like her. She was singing and talking before. Her eyes were stuck on the road in front of her and sometimes on her phone. She wasn't paying attention to anything around her and seemed deep in thought. A few minutes of just driving I told her to pull over and we both switched places. She opened the glove compartment, rolled her eyes and slammed the door shut.

We were only a few minutes away from my last Vegas warehouse, I knew the boys would be there and it seemed like the safest option for now. I felt guilty, I never wanted to get people involved in this sort of shit but this was out of my hands. Today no one got hurt, not on my side anyway. It just proved my point more that whatever happened between us couldn't go past just sleeping together.

I slipped down through the metal gates and along the narrow road, the road seemed to go on for miles when you wasn't having fun and your mind was doing twists. I wasn't dressed properly either, a pair of shorts and a hoodie. Frowning I pull into where we are meant to be, an all black building, no windows or any source of natural light going into the place and a large black garage door. Guards surrounded the place, guns and other kinds of weapons in there hands whilst they guarded the door. Pulling into my parking spot I turn the engine off and look back to Nova.

She was already looking back at me, she didn't look angry she looked sort of emotionless. "Am I meant to go in there dressed like this" she fanned up and down herself with a scowl on her face.

"I have to go in like this, so yea" I tell her and open the door, getting out of the car. My face turning stone old as soon as the breeze hits my face. I turned into the real me, the person that took no shit from anyone and the person who people feared. I didn't want Nova to fear me but I'm afraid she already does, she's the last person I want to be scared of me.

I hear the other door shut and she comes up next to me, linking her arm around mine. I don't look down but just start to walk, guards looking at us both. We walked over to the door, just as it's about to open I shrug Novas arm off me. I cross my arms and I hear her scoff, throwing her arms to the side.

The door lifts up,loudness comes from inside. Loud rock music played and almost disguised the sound of loud chatter. Rolling my eyes I soo foot in and take a look inside, large containers decorated the place filled to the brim with drugs and weapons. My men hurried round the place, holding boxes and clipboards in there hands. As soon as it was known I was there the men stopped what they was doing and stood still. No ones eyes were on me though, they were on the beautiful brunette next to me.

"Welcome back, boss" Liam shouted from one end of the room and the rest of them nodded to his announcement.

"It's good to be back boys,  carry on with what your doing" I tell them and the music quietness down a lot and the sounds of screaming echos off the walls. Nova gaps, holding on to herself. "Music back on now" I scream and to my command, once again the music is blaring again.