Chapter 3: The things that we do

Itachi's POV:

"But wouldn't that prove their point?" Said a girl who looked to be about my age. What surprised me was that this girl had the guts to ask that. She had said exactly what I was thinking! Father started to lecture her about the clan's history, but as he was, he obviously wasn't paying attention to her because as he was talking, I watched her face go from boredom, to frustration, to anger.

She stood up, a face filled with pure frustration. "That's it. I've had enough. No. Its not our only option. There are millions of other ways we can stop it. Don't you see? If we were to launch the coup, regardless of whether or not it works, it will start a war between us and the village. The other villages will hear about it and join in too. That will be the next great shinobi war. A war that we will probably lose!"

Everyone other than I gasped in surprise. Good for her. I was pretty close to shouting too. Father shook his head in disappointment. She stormed out the door angrily and slammed it shut. "Father, I have to go."I said. He sighed and shook his head again. "Fine. I don't see why not."

I left the room quickly. I could see her in the distance. She still looked angry. I should probably go talk to her.

Izuki's POV:

"Ugh, what's wrong with them? There are so many other ways to deal with it, but they still choose the worst! And why are they choosing it? TO FEED THEIR EGOS! Can't fucking believe those guys!" I fumed under my breath. I sighed. Quickly, I made my way towards my secret training spot. When ever I get really angry, I like to train to blow some steam off.

It was deep in the woods, but I didn't mind. That was actually one of the reasons no one else has found it yet. Once I got there, I got out my shuriken and kunai and took my anger out on the targets I had set up.