Chapter 22: Action

Izuki's POV

I really hope Gaara's alright. Although,  I guess there's only one way to find out... we need to go. NOW.

We rush over to where the Artisan's hideout is, with me taking the lead, Tori following close behind, and Okami in the back with Chie-sensei. Once we get close enough, I silently leap into a nearby tree, the others quickly following. "Alright, I see two guards posted in the front, with a few others in the surrounding area." I whisper to the others. "Since when were you in charge?" Okami whispered back. "Now's not the time for that, Okami." I whisper back, a little annoyed. "Anyways, I'm guessing the best course of action right now is for Okami and me to take care of the guards, and for Tori to sneak in as we're doing that. Does that sound good to you guys?" I ask, looking at each one in turn. "I'm in!" Tori says, smiling. "That's not a bad idea." Okami agrees. I look at Chie-sensei for confirmation. He is the squad leader after all. He gives a silent nod. Great, now let's get to work.

I activate my sharingan and quietly leap out of the tree and behind a large rock. I throw a kunai at one of the surrounding guards with deadly accuracy gained from my training. It's a direct hit. He barely makes a noise before crumbling to the ground. However, this still gets the attention of another nearby guard, who I handle with ease. Of course, the two bodies grab the attention of the other guards, notifying them that they are under attack.

Now that there's no need for stealth,(at least for now) Okami and I leap from the shadows, and attack head-on. "Wolf fang: Rising fist!" Okami shouts, dealing a series of slashes and punches to a nearby guard, sending him flying. "Fire style: flame circle!" I say, quickly weaving the hand signs. Fire swirls around me, burning the nearby guards while protecting me. One of the guards try to attack from above, but I make quick work of him.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Tori quietly making his way towards the entrance. Perfect. So far, everything is going along with the plan. More guards attack, but Okami and I waste no time in taking them out.

Tori's POV

I watch as Izuki and Okami fight the guards, waiting for them all to be too occupied to notice me. Once I see my chance, I silently sneak over to the entrance of the hideout. I glance over at Izuki. She skillfully takes out two  guards at once using taijutsu. I smile. She looks so pretty when she fights. Wait, no. Now's not the time for that. I need to focus. I look back at the entrance. It seems to need a password in order to enter. No matter. I reach into the small pouch that I carry with me, and take out a small blade.

Although the blade is little, it's razor-sharp, and can cut through almost anything. I easily cut through the doors, making a large hole. I look back at Izuki and give her a thumbs up. She sees it, smiles and nods before knocking out another guard. It looks like they've taken care of almost all of the guards. We'll have Gaara back in no time.

Izuki's POV

I see Tori give a thumbs up. Nice. This is all working out exactly how I planned it. I smile and nod back at him. Another guard charges at me, but I give him a swift uppercut, knocking him out. With Okami and I working together, the few remaining guards don't stand a chance. Once we're done with the guards, Tori runs over to us. "That was great! You two were so cool!" He says happily.
"Haha, thanks! Although if it weren't for you, we wouldn't be able to get in." I say, smiling. Tori blushes. "Th-thanks."

We carefully step through the hole that Tori created, and into the hideout. There's a long staircase leading downwards. Well, here goes nothing. Don't worry Gaara, we'll be there soon.

Sorry for not updating sooner!