Chapter 13: The land we protect

Izuki's POV

As I was walking home from school, Itachi came up to me. "Izuki, shouldn't you be in school?" He asked. "I could ask you the same." I replied. "Oh, I graduated years ago." He said. Was he really that good? "Oh. Well, we got to go home early so that we can get ready for our upcoming mission." I said. "A C-rank mission?" He asked curiously. Jeez, does he really think I'm that bad?

"Actually, it's an A-Rank mission." I said smiling. Itachi looked suprised, but then quickly regained his composure. "Is that so?" He said, eyebrows raised. He really DOES think I'm that bad! "Yeah, we have a stealth mission in suna." I said proudly.

"How long will that take?" Itachi asked. "I'm not sure... Why?" "Oh, it's nothing, I'm just curious."

Itachi's POV

I saw Izuki walking home. But it was too early for school to be over. "Izuki, shouldn't you be in school?" I asked, walking up to her. "I could ask you the same." She said. "I graduated years ago." I replied. She looked a little taken aback. "We get to go home early so that we can get ready for our upcoming mission."

Well, that explains it. "A C-rank mission?" I guessed. "Actually it's an A-Rank mission." She said smiling brightly. That's interesting. I've seen her train, but I never knew she was THAT good. "Is that so?" I said. "Yeah we have a stealth mission in suna." She said smiling.

Suna? The trip will take at least a week! And the 'coup' will start in a few days! This is bad! Should I tell her about the plan? "Exactly how long will the mission take?" I asked nonchalantly. "I'm not sure... Why?" She asked. "Nothing, I'm just curious." I say, shrugging it off.

Hopefully something will happen that will postpone the coup. I need to try to stall it as much as I can!