Chapter 10: The truths we tell

(Listen to this while you read)

Izuki's POV

I grabbed ahold of Sasuke's hand, and we headed back. When we got there, Itachi was talking to someone. "Shisui!" Sasuke shouted, and ran up to the person Itachi was talking to. "Haha, hey Sasuke." He chuckled, and ruffled Sasuke's hair.

"Back so soon?" Itachi asked. "What do you mean, back so soon? We've been training all day!" I said. "Right. Well, Izuki, this is Shisui. He's a good friend of mine. Shisui, this is Izuki. She's the girl who spoke up during the meeting."

I sweatdropped. Is that really what I'm known for? "Nice to meet you." Shisui said grinning. "Nice to meet you too." I said back.

"Thanks for training with Sasuke. He wasn't too much trouble was he?" Itachi asked. "Oh no, not at all." I said patting Sasuke's head.

"Shisui, can you take us out for dangos?" Sasuke asked, tugging on shisui's shirt. "Sure, why not?" He said. "Come on Izuki! I know a really good place!" Sasuke said, pulling my arm.

~timeskip to when they get there~

"Are you sure this is the place?" I asked nervously. The place looked kinda old and run down. "Of course I'm sure! Trust me, the dangos here are the best!" Sasuke said.

I bit into one of them. "Wow. You weren't kidding. These really are the best!" I gushed. It was soooo good! But wait-  where's Itachi? I looked around for him, and saw him sitting by a stream, eating some dangos. He looked lost in thought.

"Hey Itachi. What's on your mind?"  "Well, there's a really important decision that I have to make, and I don't know what to do. one of them helps the village, and the other helps the clan. I want to help the village, but I don't want to hurt anyone. I just don't know what to do." Itachi sighed.

"Who says you can't help both?" I asked. "Literally everyone." Itachi said. "Oh. Well... Then choose whichever one helps more people." I said. Itachi said nothing. He just stared into the sunset eating some dangos.