Chapter 28: Desperation

Okami's POV

Luckily, I think my eyes have sort of adjusted to the darkness, though it doesn't help much. "Where's the kid? What did you do to him?" I growl, clenching my kunai in my fist. He doesn't respond. No, wait... I think I see his hands move in the dark, but he isn't weaving hand signs for a jutsu. Is that... sign language? Ah, Okay. Things are starting to make more sense now. I'm not the best at it, but I know a little bit of sign language. 'I'm sorry, I didn't realize you couldn't speak back.' I sign. My signing seemed to catch him off guard. 'It is alright. To be honest, I'm surprised that you can understand me.' He signs back. 'What disability do you have? Sorry if the question offends you.' I sign. 'No worries, I was born mute.' he signed, the look on his face being one of understanding, and perhaps sympathy. 'Thank you, that is good to know. But I'm still going to kick your ass.' I sign, shooting a quick glare at him. He nods, and raises his kunai, assuming a defensive pose.

Tori's POV

"W-where is gaara?" I stuttered, looking into her eyes. She giggled. "Wouldn't you like to know. Your name means tiger, right?" She asked, smiling. "What's it to you?" I say angrily. She laughed. "From what I'm seeing, you're more like a little kitten that got caught in the rain!" She taunted. This bitch. She's mocking me! "Oh yeah? Well guess what, you're gonna feel these claws!" I shout, quickly taking out multiple shuriken. Now that I think about it... that was kinda cheesy. Shit. "Awww, how cute. The little kitty thinks he can take me on! You're a fool to think that you'll be able to beat me, much less someone as great and powerful as Akuma!" She says, a sadistic glint in her eye. Wait. Who the fuck is Akuma?

Izuki's POV

He chuckled to himself, shaking his head. "What the fuck is so funny?" I ask, slowing a bit. "Do you know what my name means?" He asked me, still smiling. I shake my head in reply. "Demon. And the funny thing is, you possessed me. I mean, I can't think of any other way you would be able to take up so much of my mind with so little effort. You, my dear, are something special..." He trailed off, his smile getting bigger.

"I'm not your 'dear'." I snarl through clenched teeth. He laughed harder, tears even starting to form in the corners of his eyes. "Now that is hilarious! I'm afraid you don't have a say in the matter. You'll be mine, whether you like it or not, and eventually, you will like it. Do you really think you can beat me? Why, because you have a sharingan and I don't? I don't need a sharingan, my abilities are far greater than you could even begin to understand. Besides, genjutsu doesn't work on me, so you can throw whatever little strategy you had out the window." He sneered, getting up from his throne. It was my turn to smile now, I was already triumphant in my mind. "Genjutsu, huh? I don't know what kind of research you did, but you don't know a damn thing about me!"

I throw some kunai at him, using my training and the terrain to my advantage. He easily dodges, jumping down from the pedistal. Using his sharp nails to slash his wrist, he let his blood flow, covering his hand and dripping onto the floor. As the blood flowed, the stream began to change form, hardening into the shape of a sword, which Akuma grabbed ahold of with his non injured hand. A sword made of blood? Not gonna lie, that's actually pretty badass. So this is his ability?

He brandished the newly formed blade before charging at me with it. I skillfully avoid his attack, the motions reminding me of a matador dodging a raging bull. The only difference is, this bull had skill too. He continued to assault me with his weapon, I parried his attacks with my kunai. It seems like his strategy is to wear me out and finish me off once I get tired. Lucky for me, I don't get tired easily. Especially when I'm fighting a SOB like him.

I smile, leaping onto a nearby wall, running up it, before dropping down on him, pinning him to the floor. My smile widens. "Looks like I will be yours... Your killer, that is." I say, raising my kunai to attack. I quickly bring it down as hard as I can, stabbing him with as much force as I can muster. To my surprise, instead of my blade plunging into flesh, it stabs into a shield made of a hard red substance. It's his blood again! It seems that Akuma can control blood in the same way that Gaara controls sand. Ah, shit. I leap away from the blood shield just in time as spikes shoot through it, spikes that surely would have impaled me had I moved just a moment later. Well, this sure as hell ain't going to be easy.

Happy really late Valentine's day! Sorry I didn't upload then, I didn't have any ideas. Anyways, I made a banner thing with Izuki and the gang, as well as one with the artisans on it. I got the idea from a different fic, and overall, I feel like I did a good job on them! Have a nice day!