Chapter 39: A Demon's battle

Izuki's POV

This guy is insane! Well, it was obvious even before he revealed his plan. What he said about the ninetails... does Gaara really have a demon like that inside of him? The ninetails attack was one of the scariest times in my life... I was only little back then. I hid under my bed in the corner of my room, clutching Akuzo to my chest. He was just a toddler back then, I think... I'll never forget the sound of his crying, as he buried his face in my shoulder. He was terrified... and so was I. He needed me... but I was there for him. I was always there for him... until it mattered most. I still haven forgiven myself entirely, even though I know that Akuma is to blame. That son of a bitch will get what's coming to him, mark my words.

I watch as Tori gets his claws ready. ...did he always have those? I've never noticed them before. I guess it's good to have an ace up your sleeve. Okami unsheathes his katana. He looks like a skilled swordsman... his secret weapon. Lucky for me, I have one too. My little trash talk with Akuma before our fight was a clever set up. I made it sound like I had no genjutsu... in reality, I'm one of the best in my clan. Well, at least I like to think so. I've heard that Itachi is the best of the best, and I don't doubt it. But I know my strengths, and Akuma has been looking at me quite a bit. Getting him under my genjutsu should be easy.

Akuma's POV

This is too easy. My victory is almost guaranteed... and Izuki will be mine, along with the one tailed beast. She has a strange look in her eyes... something seems off. Not just about her, but about everything. What is happening? I... I can't move. Something is very wrong... I can't speak, I can't scream... I'm suffocating... how... how? I feel like I'm drowning...

Izuki's POV

The blood crystals... they're starting to crack! It's working! The blood crystals shatter, crimson shards scattering over the floor as I break free. I grin, nodding to Tori and Okami. It's time to fuck this guy up.

We launch an attack, both Tori and Okami slashing and stabbing at Akuma as I hit him with a barrage of taijutsu. He still doesn't wake up from the genjutsu... what can I say? I know my stuff. I've never felt more powerful in my life, beating the shit out of the man who killed Akuzo. It's like I can still feel him with me, cheering me on as I avenge him. I land blow after blow, with the twins supporting me every step of the way.

He seems to wake up, coughing and sputtering as if his lungs were filled with water. He soon realizes what happened, and he's not happy about it. With a scream of rage, he lunges at me, the blood on his body forming sharp spikes. I dodge, and Okami cuts him from behind. He grimaces at the pain before lashing out at him, hitting him with a storm of blood spikes. Okami cries out in pain, falling back. Tori's eyes widen as he sees his brother fall, growling before slashing at Akuma, cutting deep into his flesh. It's three against one... I'd say we have more than an advantage. Akuma then leaps back, to the other side of the throne room. He's shaking, but not in pain or fear... in rage. The blood that has been spilled on the floor suddenly seems to shift and ripple, before running towards Akuma, surrounding him. It splashes around him and hardens, forming a strange protective shell around his body, like a cocoon... what's going to happen?

"Tori, Okami, fall back! Stay away from whatever it is that Akuma's doing!" I say, leaping away from him. I try to gage what might be happening with my sharingan... it's no use. It's like that blood cocoon is using some sort of chakra shield to block me from seeing what's happening. One thing I can tell for sure though, there's a shit ton of powerful chakra emanating from it. I can feel it from here! I ready myself, taking out explosive kunai, and setting explosive tags around the room while Akuma is busy with... whatever it is that he's doing. I can only hope that it'll be enough to stop whatever comes out of that shell...

Hey guys, it's me, Kokiriplayz! Over the past few years, I've been slowly drifting out of the Naruto fandom, until today, when I finally got my motivation back! And special thanks to the people who liked every chapter! I never would have imagined that this story would get so far, thank you all so much! Even if you're just skimming through it, thanks for taking the time to read my story. It means more than you know! I have made artwork of some events in a few of the chapters, and I'll put then in the next chapter! Once again, thanks for reading, and I hope you all have a great day!