Chapter 25: A small problem

Okami's POV

Okay, maybe breaking away from the rest of the group wasn't the best idea. The tunnel ahead is pitch black, and I can't see much of anything. Luckily, I have a better sense of smell than most people, so at least I would know if I was about to be attacked. I would honestly rather continue down the dark path than go back and admit I was wrong. Besides, I'm fairly certain that this is the right way to go. I just want to get this over with, so we can go back home. This whole mission has just been a huge pain in the ass, and it got so much worse because of that kid. How did he even get captured anyway?

Tori's POV

Why is it so dark? Jeez, do these guys wear night vision goggles or something? I want night vision goggles. Though, I do have better hearing than most people, so I should be fine. The Artisans have to either be insane or crazy evil to kidnap a kid like Gaara for their own gain like that. I don't know what they're doing to the little guy, but I know it can't be good. They could be doing all sorts of awful stuff to him! ...I don't want to think about it too much. I wonder what Izuki's thinking right now.

Izuki's POV

Why did they have to leave me by myself like this? It's too dark to see anything. Maybe my sharingan will help... yeah, this is better. An ornate pattern is etched into the stone walls, which I find strange, considering the fact that there's not enough light for a normal person to see it. The pattern seems to portray roses, as well as a few animals, which appear to be running. From what I can make out, the animals include: a tanuki, a scorpion, a lizard, and a snake. My only question is, why would there be designs on the walls if no one can see them? Unless... people would normally be able to see them! I think they purposefully made it dark since they knew we were coming! They were expecting us!

???? POV

"Sir, they've gotten past the guards and are heading this way as we speak!" One of my lackeys exclaimed, notifying me of the situation. "I see. Well then, let's be sure to give our guests a welcoming gift they won't soon forget." I say, smiling. "Yes sir!" He said, quickly bowing and running off. I chuckled to myself. My plan is coming along smoothly. I turn to look at my subordinates. "Hakai, Warui, take care of the other two. Izuki's mine."