Chapter 18: Information

Izuki's POV

"Where are you?" I asked using the communication device. "The communication device also works as a tracker. I'm sending a signal out now." Chie-sensei answered.

"Turn left in half a mile" the communication device said. So it's basically a GPS. Interesting. I followed the instructions that it gave me until I saw Chie-sensei and the others. "So what's the emergency?" I asked. "We found the Artisan's hideout. It seems to be a hidden underground bunker." Okami said. "So what now? Do we go in?" I asked. "Not yet. We don't know how many guards and members there are. All we know is that they're strong, and that they're up to no good. We need to gather more information." Chie-sensei said.

"What exactly is their goal?" I asked. "Apparently there is a ninja with the ability to manipulate and control sand, and they will try to use that power to start another war." Chie-sensei answered. Could he be talking about Gaara? "I actually just met someone with a power like that. It was a little kid, and he looked to be about five or six years old. His name is Gaara." I said. Chie-sensei's eyes widened. "You did? Where is he?" Chie-sensei asked excitedly. "Follow me, I'll take you to him." I said, making my way back to the park.

Timeskip to when they get there

I walked over to the sandbox. Gaara was still there, building another sandcastle. "Hi gaara!" I said, sitting next to him. "Oh, hi Izuki. Why are you here? Didn't you have a mission?" Gaara asked. "Well, I came to introduce you to the rest of my team!" I said as the others got to the sandbox. "This is Okami and Tori, they're twins. And this is Chie-sensei." I said. "It's nice to meet you Gaara." Chie-sensei said, smiling.

"It's nice to meet you too, But... Why are you here?" Gaara asked. "Well, it turns out that you're actually a part of this mission too." I said. It took gaara a couple of seconds to process what I said, but when he did, his face lit up brighter than the sun. "Me?! On a ninja mission?! You really mean it?!" Gaara asked, a wide smile on his face. "Yep! We'll be protecting you from here on out!" I answered. Gaara hugged me tightly. "Thank you so much! When I become a ninja, I wanna be just like you!" Gaara said.

I smiled. This was just too cute! "Alright you three, protect Gaara while I gather more information. If anything happens, contact me." Chie-sensei said before leaving. I have a feeling that this will be fun.