Chapter 19: Light

Merry Christmas!🎄 my present to all of you guys is...
Me churning out probably the best chapter I've written so far! Enjoy!

Itachi's POV

"SHISUI!!!" I scream as my hand just barely misses his. I watch in horror as Shisui, the best friend I have ever had falls into the river below. I can feel my eyes change, the comma-shaped marks swirling into a new pattern. The Mangekyo Sharingan. I stare at the eye in my hand as tears begin to well up in mine. Shisui was my best friend. We went through so much together. A single tear fell. Shisui Uchiha... Was dead.

Izuki's POV

"Ugh, I can't believe Chie-sensei left us to babysit some kid." Okami said rolling his eyes. Tori and I both glared at him. "So anyway, tell us a little about your self, Gaara! Ya got any siblings?" Tori asked, smiling. "Yeah! My big sister Temari is really strong, and sometimes my big brother Kankuro let's me play with his puppets. They're ninjas too!" Gaara said happily. "Are you sure your parents are okay with us watching you?" I said, a bit worried. "Yeah, my dad doesn't care, and my mom... Well... She died when I was born." "Oh! I'm so so sorry. I didn't mean to make you sad." I say, hugging him tight.

It was then that I realized just how tired I really was. I haven't slept in days! "Let's go check in to a hotel. I really need to rest." I say, yawning. "That's actually not a bad idea." Okami said, apparently caught off guard. "Hey! It's not that rare for me to have a good idea!" I say, flicking his nose.

Timeskip to when they get to a hotel

I sigh. "Alright, I'm going to take a shower. Okami, since it's such a HUGE bother to watch Gaara, go to the store and get something for dinner. Tori, you can take care of Gaara. "Yes mam!" Tori said, giving a mock salute. Okami just sighed.

Timeskip to later that night

"Alright, since there are only two beds, we'll need to share. Tori, you and Okami will share that bed, Gaara and I will share this bed." I say, pointing to each bed. I turn off the lights, and fall asleep.

Gaara's POV

Okay, I think everyone's asleep now. Quietly, I climb out of bed, careful not to wake any of them. I climb out the window, and let my sand carry me to the roof. I like sitting on the roof and looking at the stars. It helps me think.

Izuki and the others are so nice to me, but can I really trust them? The last time I trusted someone, they tried to kill me. Everyone else says I'm a monster, what if they're no different? What if they're only being nice to me so that they can hurt me when I least expect it?

"Hey, kid. You look pretty lonely. If you come home with me and my friends, we could change that." Said a voice from behind me. What? But I was the only one on the roof! I turn around, to see who said that, but it's too dark to see their face. I ready my sand for an attack, but before I can do anything, they suddenly appear behind me. They then press a sweet smelling cloth to my face. My vision starts to get blurry, but just for a moment, I catch a glimpse of their face before everything goes black.

 My vision starts to get blurry, but just for a moment, I catch a glimpse of their face before everything goes black

I don't know when I'll update next, but I promise I won't just leave you with a cliffhanger!