Chapter 33: A Tiger Earns His Stripes

Tori's POV

I leap back and assume a defensive stance. The 'cat stance' as it is called is the perfect stance for both offense and defense, though in this case it seems like I'll be using it for the latter. She takes out a blade with multiple curved edges, the kind typically used for poison. Great. I have to be extra careful now. She lunges at me once again, slashing at me with her venomous dagger. I act quickly, blocking it between my claws. She pushes on her dagger using inhuman strength, and I can feel my claws slipping. The tip of her blade is mere inches away from my face! A single drop of venom drips onto my cheek, and it burns. I grimace at the pain, but quickly recover. Using all of my strength, I kick her with both of my legs, using her as leverage to retreat. That should have at least broken a few ribs, I hope. Jeez, I can't believe I'm thinking like this! Then again, this is a life or death situation...

The blow of my kick knocked her back quite a bit, and she landed on the floor. She gets back up again, holding her side and coughing up large amounts of blood. She scowls at me, blood dripping from her mouth. She slowly stalks toward me, her eyes full of loathing and rage. I circle her slowly, not taking my eyes off her. Her eyes follow me as I do so, making me feel more than uneasy. I have to survive this! If not for myself, then for Izuki! I throw a smoke bomb to the floor and run around her as quickly as I can, weaving hand signs as I do. Wind style: Divine Slashing Storm!

The smoke whirls around her like a tornado as I slash and stab at her from every angle, using the smoke to conceal myself. She screeches as my claws slice her, cutting into flesh and bone. I never thought that I would need this since it's so brutal, but I guess if there was ever a good time to use it, it's now. She twists and turns her head, trying to find me, her wide eyes flickering around the smoke. It seems like the more damage she takes, the more deranged she gets! She's like a wild animal at this point! I notice that her grip on the dagger tightens, and I can see her close her eyes. As I prepare to strike again, she moves almost lightning fast, and blocks one of my claws. Though the force from the two blades colliding knocks it right off of my hand! The smoke starts to disperse as I pause my attack. Now that the smoke has cleared, I can see her much easier now. It is not a pretty sight. Her body is covered in deep wounds that gush blood, her left arm is missing, and her face is covered in cuts. She's shaking, holding her dagger with clenched teeth as she grips the spot where her arm once connected to the rest of her body. The sound of her ragged breathing fills the room as she struggles to continue standing. Even while she's like this, she still stares at me with those fucking eyes of hers, as if she were cursing the very ground that I stand on. She's losing too much blood to keep fighting, I can tell that the end for her is very near. I can see the light slowly leave her eyes as she collapses to the floor.

I did that. Me. I killed someone today... Well, I am a ninja, this should be normal. Even so... I can't help but feel guilty, even if she was insane. I turn away to leave, but right as I get close to the door, I feel a presence behind me. A presence so horrifyingly dark, it's as if death itself were waiting behind me. Before I can turn around, I feel a sharp agonizing pain stab deep into my side, and I scream in pain. I realize that her dagger was what stabbed me, and I turn around to see her, her body torn to shreds, her face a mangled mess, and an insane smile on her face.

"I'm not dieing alone... When you reach hell or wherever the fuck you end up, tell them that Hakai sent you, and don't you ever forget that name, you got that kitty?" Her voice was raspy and eerily quiet, making me shiver. Or maybe that was just the poison kicking in... She burst into crazed laughter, and she grabbed onto me with her remaining hand, her grip tightening painfully. Her laughter grew louder and more hysterical, until it abruptly stopped. She was dead. But her corpse still clung onto me, as if cursed. I could feel my strength fading too, and it's no wonder why, with this dagger sticking out of me. I fall to the floor, feeling my body go limp. I can feel myself going numb... Is this really the end? No, it can't be... It can't... My last thoughts are of Izuki, before my vision goes black.