Chapter 45

I roll over in the bed on the plane, wrapped up in velvety sheets which I don't remember sliding underneath and yawn. The absence of a window stops me from being able to know what time it is outside, but I guess only a few hours have passed since we took off. I straighten and lift my arms above my head, hearing my back crack satisfyingly as my spine corrects itself, and I let out another blissful yawn. The sheets fall off and my thigh is revealed, the skin a smooth baby pink after my rest. I straighten my leg and sigh contently. 

Beside me, Aro lays stretched out, groaning softly as he wakes, and rolls, pressing into my side. I wrap a relaxed arm around his waist and lean against his silky head, his long locks are velvety and I run my fingers through them languidly. He moans happily. I pull the covers away from his head and...

"Jesus Christ!" I jolt from the bed, falling backwards onto my arse on the floor. "God!" I rub my hands angrily against my shorts as Caius pushes back the sheets with a smile, climbing out of bed comfortably and slowly, wearing nothing but underwear. And a sleek pair, too. Calvin Klein boxer shorts type underwear too. Holy fuck. Just like in my dreams, his back is smooth and taut, his chest sculpted, the skin unmarked. He turns and grins. It's not a boyish, cute grin. I don't know how to describe it. It's laced with something more dangerous. Delicious tasting wine with a hint of cyanide. 

"What the actual fuck?" I press my t-shirt to my chest after removing it when I first went to bed. Caius calmly redresses, I watch mesmerized as he buttons the cuffs of his shirt at his slim wrists. He glances up. "Is there a problem, Alex?" His expression is neutral now, clearly over my outburst as he slips on his waistcoat and smooths his hair back.  You'd never have known he'd been to bed. Unlike myself; my hair I can tell is dishevelled and I can't imagine what my shorts look like. Rumpled, probably. 

Caius gives me a tut. "Come now, Alex. We're both adults." He narrows his eyebrows at me. "You've never shared a bed with anyone before?" He almost smirks. I pull on my shirt angrily and slip into my shoes with a sigh. "You've no idea." Flashes of other men I've slept with cross my mind; Adam, Julian, even Kasper, a long term boyfriend at uni. Their bodies sweep through my brain, sure, I've shared a bed with many other men in my life. Not that I'd like to admit it. I remember uni as a period of countless shirtless, fit men who frequented my dorm room and flush. Caius gives me a triumphant nod. "As I thought." 

He slips around the bed, his hip movements loose and carefree as he pulls open the bedroom door and disappears. 'You slept together.'  Richard chuckles. "Shut up. We shared a bed. Don't say it as if we fucked." I walk out of the bedroom, leaving the luxurious bed and thoughts of Caius' smooth body behind, until I reach the main sitting area of the plane. Aro sits back, reclining as he sips wine from a large glass. He smiles at my entrance, Caius is pouring himself a small amount. "We've landed." Aro stands, sighing as he places his glass onto the table. 

"That was delicious wine." He raises his arms above his head in a languid stretch. His eyes flit to me standing there, with my arms wrapped around myself. "I noticed Caius slope after you." My heart flutters. "Did you give your consent before he took his rest with you?" His facial expression is stern but caring. At least he's not too mad about Caius and I sharing the bed. I don't suppose sharing a bed is as sexual to Aro in his thousands of years as it is to me in my barely three decades. 

"He didn't ask." I admit. "But I didn't mind." I shrug calmly, I wouldn't want to cause a rift between Aro and Caius, and let's be honest, here, if I hadn't had that dream about Caius, I wouldn't have found it so irritating. "Well," Aro smooths his suit before crossing to my side and placing both hands on my shoulders, rubbing them gently. My eyes close hesitantly, its oddly soothing after the few days we've had and I lean against him. "Alex." He sighs, pressing his lips against my hair. "If anything had happened to you, in Greece, I'd have ended myself. I'm sorry for putting you in danger."

'He's so dramatic.' Richard huffs, I can picture him throwing his hair back in frustration. 'Dramatiiiiiic' Sandee chirps softly. I lean back into Aro's embrace, with an almost smile, my arms wrap around his waist, and stroke his back where my hands reach.                                                    "I know I have many answers to give the three of us. I don't know why we were ambushed, we will discover the truth." He leans back and sighs. "I can only hope nothing has transpired at home since Caius left." His eyes take on a faraway look and I know his thoughts have strayed to Marcus. As creepy as he is, and although he and I have barely crossed paths, I wouldn't want anything to have happened to him.

I think briefly about Enoch, the sweet, young man who works in the kitchens, and sigh. Let the coven, whoever these Romanians are stay away from the castle; let Enoch be okay. Please. 

Caius enters the room, re-dressed, ready to kill, his hair smoothed back, shirt crisp and trousers buckled, looking like his clothes are freshly pressed. I'm envious. I look down at myself, rumpled and dishevelled, needing a hot shower and an even longer nap. Maybe a good screw. My eyes flock to Aro and his thin, wonderful hips. My thoughts stray to the way those hips moved so enticingly above mine when he was inside me a few nights ago. His lips on my sleek skin, his soft murmurs of pleasure joining mine. "Alex?" I jolt. Caius stands by the aircraft's door, the stairs have extended to the floor, revealing the bright sunlight outside. 

"Sure. Um okay." I feel Richard chortle in my head, Sandee mimicking quietly. The slightest beginnings of an erection itch in my shorts, and I resist the urge to rub my hand in that area. Aro hooks his arm in mine, leading me gently down the stairs, out into the sun and away from the aircraft. I squint in the brightness, and try to keep my thoughts clean as his skin touches mine and his gift is activated. 

Italy. Back again. I'm pleased to be in the sun, somewhat, although the last 48 hours in the desert with a leg wound have dulled the experience. Mostly, my mind and that of Aro and Caius' is preoccupied about what waits for us at the palazzo. I think Aro has noticed the bulge in my shorts, though he says nothing. 

The three of us walk in silence from the aircraft after Caius has a few whispered words and a hand shake with the pilot who waves us off.  It's only then does Aro speak. "At least we know that if anything has occurred, they only had a 2-3 window to work with. You haven't been gone longer than that, have you, brother?" His voice is quiet, soft. 'Who'd have thought it?' Richard interrupts. 'Aro is afraid.' 

"Shut the fuck up. "I hiss. 

Caius mulls it over. "I'm unsure." He pauses. We keep walking in the direction of town. "Can't be more than three days." His unspoken words echo what we're all thinking. His wife, Athenadora, Marcus, and the others. I hope they're okay. 

That said, if it weren't for our potentially disastrous situation, I'd give fucking anything to get rid of this damn erection. 

Remember: Alex and Aro (boyxboy)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें