Chapter 36

A/N: Hey guys, I'm so sorry for taking so long to update this. I've been working on this scene for a while now so hopefully it's good enough. As a warning, this will contain a sex scene so if you don't want to read that, I suggest skipping this one.
Bye guys, VampireLover_xox

"Oh thank God it's colder in here! Damn this Greek weather!" I exclaim, letting out a huge relieved sigh as Aro and I make it to the hotel room doors. Rushing inside with immense relief, I am glad to see the windows have been thrown open to the most outward angle possible and a cool breeze blusters through, blowing the curtains that frame it.

The cold air is most welcoming gives me a moment of pleasure, on account of my sweaty, overheated self. I have lost count the number of times I've had to use deodrant this afternoon, which cool, pristine Aro has found ridiculously amusing.

I dump myself onto the bed, appreciating the freshly laundered sheets, I stretch out and try to ignore the light bulb pressing on and off reminding me to shower. I'll do it later. I just need a few minutes to cool off like this.

I listen for Aro, who I know is keenly observing me, like I'm some species of exotic bird. I can sense him waiting, before I glance up at him which he takes as approval that he can make his way over. He walks quietly to the bed and sits, perched on the edge. He's been a mixture of withdrawn, manic and nostalgic since our visit to the Parthenon this afternoon which has put me on edge, wondering if his behaviour will take anymore strange turns.

He glances down at his borrowed outfit, stroking the red cotton shorts absent mindedly, as he remains lost in thought. "Aro?" I rest my hand on his forearm. He flinches. "Sorry." I draw my hand back quickly as if I had touched fire and he sighs. "You've done nothing wrong, Alex." He slumps forward until I catch him and pull his stiff body awkwardly against mine.

"You're upset. I think we should skip dinner this evening." I suggest, making Aro jolt away from me, onto his feet in seconds. "You must eat, Alex." His eyes darken and his frown is back, his controlling nature shines through menacingly. I roll my eyes. I was wondering when possessive, controlling Aro would return.

"Aro, I don't think you're up for social evenings." I conclude and I hear Richard suddenly, his bored drawl in my head. 'Yes, Aro. Listen to the doctor...'
'Doccctooooor.' Sandee chirps in her irritating sing song voice and I shake my head violently. I've been barely hearing them since we left for this trip.

Aro looks at me sadly before shrugging, succumbing to my rule for once. This trip has really taken the energy out of him and I'm guessing he'll just want peace and quiet. As I try passing him to get to the bathroom for a shower, he catches a hold of my wrist.

Gently. But firm. Insistent.

"Alex, come to bed with me." His voice is husky, his eyes bright with excitement suddenly and I sigh, wishing he'd give me more warning on when his mood will change. Do you have any idea how draining it is, not knowing what your deranged boyfriend is going to do next?

It's emotionally draining.

'Umm...you just called him your boyfriend...' Richard gasps, with a tiny amount of Sandee's girly excitable voice. 'Booooyfriend.' She repeats right on cue and I stop in my tracks, looking at Aro who is sitting on the bed, his grip stopping me from entering the bathroom.

"Come to bed with me..." He repeats, pleading almost. And yes, I decide out of nowhere.

Yes. I will go to bed with him. Right now.

I reach down and begin kissing him, my hands uncomfortably clammy but he takes no notice and instead begins to reciprocate, clutching my short hair in his slender hands, tugging at the shaved back which causes the tiniest amount of pain.