Chapter 17

September, 2017, Present Time

Being in Caius's room is like treading on a tightrope. One wrong word or action and you're falling down, down and down until you're dead. Splat. Squished with Caius's fist.

Every time his cold, cruel eyes meet mine, I have to remind myself that he's not allowed to kill me or even lay one long skeletal finger on me. His room is identical to Aro's. The only difference is the name written on the brass plate and the random art canvases dotted around the room hapharzardly.

As I enter, I spot a woman in his paintings who appears again and again. He draws her identically every time, and I notice her striking features and stunning beauty. "She looks....nice." I try to start normal, easy conversation but Caius glares at me as soon as I open my mouth.

'Idiot. Do you seriously think he wants to talk to you?' Richard snarls in my ear, his tone mocking and amused. "Fuck off." I hiss to him and Caius spins around on me, his eyes narrowing.

"I wasn't talking to you." I sigh and I drift over to the small sofa tucked away in the corner and perch on the edge in case he has a go at me for getting my germs on it. If Caius is anything, he's definately a germaphobe.

"Get back here." He growls as I try to get myself comfortable and my head snaps up to look at him bravely in the face. I shrug and make my way back over to him. "What?" I demand in a harsh, tough tone and he wrinkles his nose at me with an expression of disgust on his face.

He steps forward until his nose is inches away from mine. "Don't speak to me in that tone of voice, boy." He smirks at the use of that word. I hate being called that. Boy. Like I'm eleven years old again at the trials, at home, with my father. The way Dad used to look down at my face and glare.

Caius looks down at me and I feel a huge urge to swear at him or lunge for his face.

He stands there and towers over me at at least six feet while I'm only around five foot eight, nowhere near the average height for men. He smiles then, baring his teeth and I try an equally annoying smile to bring him down before heading back to one of his canvases.

"Who is she?" I point at the recurring woman who has blonde hair and red eyes, like him. And like Aro.

Aro. My stomach clenches for a second and I feel a twinge of excitement. My face glows bright red at the thought of him and I know Caius notices. 'For God's sake, gayboy, control yourself.' Richard starts back up again and I shake my head a little to rid myself of his voice.

'Controooolll yourseeeelf.' Sandee chips in, her voice in my other ear. I ignore the two of them and continue to think of Aro and him touching and kissing me in his bed this morning. I shiver, but this time it is full of excitement and joy at the idea of him against me.

Then I come back to reality to see Caius staring at me and I feel a stab of shame that I actually fantasised about Aro. Ugh. God, Alex, stop it. Caius continues to stare at me and I wish my face wasn't beetroot red at this point in time.

"What were we talking about?" I ask quietly, in a small, measured voice and he smirks at me again, as if he can read my inner most thoughts and feelings though I hope, no, I know he can't.

"You were thinking about Aro." He states in a smug tone which makes me want to swing for his pretty, sculpted face. The more messed up his face is, the better it'll make me feel. More shame clouds my thoughts. Violent thoughts have entered my mind since I was a young child.

'It wouldn't be the first time you've fucked someone up.' Richard grunts. 'Yes. Baaaadddlllly.' Sandee giggles, her high pitched voice so loud and clear in my head that I almost think Caius can hear her.