15: LET HER

15: LET HER

***
J E N N I E

"Eomma.. I love you."

I stared at her beautiful face even though I am really sleepy, I don't want to fall asleep just yet. I got this weird feeling and I don't know why I am feeling this way.. I am scared that when I close my eyes, her face will fade and I will never see her again.

"Jennie-yah, I love you more." With her gentle hand stroking my hair and with her sweet lullaby, I can't help but fall asleep.

"I will always be right here beside you, Jennie-yah."

That's what I heard her say before I sleep. I held on to those words. But then..

When I woke up the next morning, she was gone.

She left me.

And I held on to her promise as if I didn't know what's happening. I made a fool out of myself because I waited. Weeks and months have passed until my Father brought home a different woman, saying that from that day on, that woman is my new Eomma.

But still, that didn't stop me from waiting.

I waited..

Until I felt hopeless. I got tired.

"Eomma.. why did you leave me?" I asked as I looked up at the black sky.

It has less stars tonight than yesterday.. and I think the sky is the exact replica of what I'm feeling as of the moment. Blank, cold, but with a little glint of hope.

Because no matter how hard I denied, no matter how hard I tried not to think of her. I want to get angry, I want to be mad. But all of my anger and frustrations were drowned by my love for her, because she's my mother.

Even though she left. That doesn't change the fact that she is my mother.

I sighed heavily, trying to conceal my tears from falling when suddenly I felt a coat over my shoulder. I looked up and met my cousin's face. Kim Seokjin of BTS smiled at me before taking a sit beside me.

"Penny for your thoughts?" He asked as he looked up at the sky as well.

Among my relatives, Jin is the only one I am close to. Maybe because we have the same passion and dream as we grew up. And maybe because among my other cousins, both of us are not that interested in business and inheritance. We are two stubborn so called black sheep of our clan.

"The sky is so dark today, you think it will rain?" He asked again after a minute of silence.

"Maybe." I shrugged.

"You will let your father meet Kim Jongin? Are the two of you in a serious relationship?"

I tilted my head to meet Jin's eyes and smirk, "what do you think?"

He arched a brow, "Honestly I thought your relationship with him is just for show."

I was taken aback because of his answer. How did he guessed that?

"You have your upcoming solo and his group is having their comeback. It will give the both of you huge publicity.." he continues.

I tried to laugh his words off. "H-How could you say that?"

"Because I don't think my precious little cousin would want to be with a heartless player like him."

I stared at Jin because of the serious tone in his voice, he stared back at me. He really treats me like a little sister. I know he is over protective of me but.. "Jongin is not like that."