29: FINALLY

29: FINALLY
***
J E N N I E

"I choose Jongin." I said firmly as I escaped both my parents grasped on my arms.

I looked at my Father and immediately saw disappointment overshadowed his eyes. I took a step to back away before glancing at my real Eomma who gave me a reassuring nod.

"You are not going to that boy!" Appa shouted but I shook my head.

"You made me choose. I'll stand by my decision, Appa."

I smiled proudly at him before my knees could even weakened out of my fear of him. I turn my back on all of them as I run off our mansion, feeling the heavy weights lifting from my chest as I enter my car.

My mother is right. I should fight for my happiness.

I should be the one to choose the person I love.

I shouldn't be a coward. I am Jennie Ruby Jane Kim, I was raised to be strong, and I was trained to be brave. I have faced so many controversies already, I have been hated. So what if I choose to be happy this once?

Eomma.. thank you.

I now realized that it is not selfish to choose yourself, it is not selfish of me to choose myself just this once. And choosing Jongin means choosing me.

Because Kim Jongin brought me happiness. The happiness that I can't explain but gave me an overflowing joy that only he can bring.

My mind is still haywire about what I have heard earlier from my parents. I can't even believe that this world is indeed small for my mom to know Kai, and Kai being one of the reason as to why my parents divorced.

"Jongin is not a bastard's son! Shut up Hyunsuk! He is the son of my bestfriend, he is hospitalized that time due to an accident and he needs to be operated quick but you didn't listen to me! All you care about is your money when a life of a child is at stake!"

So Jongin is that child.

A smile form on my lips when I realized that I have loved him eversince. He is the child of my Eomma's bestfriend, he is my first love huh? I thought I will never got a chance to see him again because my child mind has already forgotten his name and what he looks like when we were a child is not that clear in my memories anymore.

I wouldn't blame Jongin for my parents unsuccessful marriage. It's my Father's fault for not trusting my Mom and my Mom's fault for leaving without an explanation.

The other leaves and the other stayed only to control my life. Guess not everyone is lucky to be born with a loving family?

I sighed heavily and as my car passed by many buildings, all I want to think is reminisce my childhood memories with Jongin instead of my miseries from my parents.

***(Flashback)

"Eomma, where are we going?"

I asked my mom, excitement is shown in my face as I looked around the road. This is my first time going somewhere instead of school or our mansion. Appa is very strict to the point that I never had any friends to play with or any places I could visit because he said it's safer for me to stay at the mansion.

"To my best friend's place. It's his son's birthday today." Eomma answered as she parked our car infront of a house.

It's not as big as our mansion but it feels lively and homey. I wonder where the maids and butlers sleeps there? It looks like it only has two or three rooms.

"Ruby-ssi!" A guy, the same age as my Eomma hug her.

My mom hugged him back and they seem to be really close. I never seen my mom smiled like that to my Dad before.. maybe because they always fight these days.