16: AHJUMMA

16: AHJUMMA

***
3 R D P E R S O N P O V

Kim Jongin never imagine himself drinking, and being so wasted because of a girl but there he is, on the rooftop of his condo unit with a bottle of soju in his hand.. thinking of ways on how to make Jennie stay with him.

He just realized that his feelings were real.

He had just accept his love for her.

And Jennie's father is already telling him to leave? Warning him that his daughter will just break his heart.

"Unfair.." he said as he shook his head and open another bottle of alcohol.

He never knew that someone is capable of making him feel so low. He always think that he is a very strong person. The Kim Jongin of EXO. Many envy him, most of the people idolize him. Heck, there are lots of people who wishes to be him. But then.. Jennie's father is making him question his self-worth.

"I don't want you to be with my daughter."

"I will make Jennie leave you if you don't leave her."

"Jennie deserve better, not just an idol like you who only live for fame and music."

His jaw clenched. No one has ever made him feel so worthless.

He worked hard, just like any other professions.. being an idol is a very tiring job. He has been injured, humiliated, and tired but then he never give up. The reason why he became who he is.

He never know how to give up.

Specially now that he finally found a person that he is willing to love.

Jongin manage to chuckle when he felt the rain drops but he didn't move an inch. He is busy thinking, imagining, and dreaming of a world where he and Jennie could be real.

How would it feel like if she loves him too?

"Aegooo! How could you just sit there when the rain is soaking you so bad?" An old lady put a towel over his shoulder.

Kai recognizes her as Ahjumma Ruby, his housekeeper that he treats as his second mom. A woman that took care of him even before he debuted as an idol. She smack his head lightly.

"Aww.. Ahjumma.." he groaned.

"Kim Jongin! You could've catch a cold you know?! Get up already!" Ahjumma Ruby scolded him.

He only chuckles as a respond but nevertheless, obeyed. He walked inside his condo unit and change his clothes and when he walks out he saw Ahjumma Ruby making a soup. Kai sat on a high stool and smiled as he smells the aroma of his favorite chicken soup.

"Why would you drink in the middle of the rain? Are you filming your own drama?" Ahjumma Ruby continues to say.

"Aniya." He pouted. "I just.. wanted a drink. That's it."

Ahjumma Ruby turned to Jongin with her eyes squinting, "You never drank alone Jongin. I know you."

He looked away and sighed. It's true, whenever he drink an alcoholic drink he always make sure to be with his members so he would never do anything stupid. But then, he doesn't want any of his members to asked him about his troubles that's why he called no one.

Kai doesn't want anyone to know that he already fell for his girlfriend. And that he is scared to confess.. because she might leave him if he did.

Ahjumma Ruby is now putting the bowl of chicken soup on the table when she notices how Kai smiled stupidly looking at nowhere.. and she know that look. She experienced wearing that same smile before.

"You're inlove?" Ahjumma Ruby raised her brows playfully.

To say that Jongin is shock would be an understatement. He cleared his throat before looking away but subtly nodded. His cheeks heating up out of shyness.

Ahjumma Ruby rolled her eyes that made Jongin pout before proceeding to eat his chicken soup. He kind of found it amusing how he can see some of resemblances between Jennie and Ahjumma Ruby.

He shrugged his thoughts off. Maybe he is just madly deeply inlove with Jennie to the point of seeing her in someone's form.

"I want to know who is this girl who manage to sneak inside your heart." Ahjumma Ruby stared at Jongin, "I bet she's pretty."

"She is the prettiest!" Kai quickly agrees.

"Who?" Ahjumma Ruby asked.

"You probably don't know her because you're not into k-pop." Jongin teased.

"She's from a girl group? I thought you don't want to marry someone from the same industry.." Ahjumma Ruby stated.

Jongin only shrugged his shoulder. It's not his choice to fall for Jennie. It's what he feels, his heart decided to choose her. But it's true that he doesn't really like to be in a relationship with an idol. Because he thinks that it's only a hassle. Too much attention, too much bashers. But then, in the end he couldn't resist the BlackPink's main rapper's charisma. So he fell.

"Tell me more about her. Come on Jongin!" Ahjumma Ruby really treats him like her own, she can be as nosy as his real mother.

The two can double his head ache when together, triple with his sister alongside them.

"She's pretty. She's kind. She's cute." He chuckles, "and she's fiesty at the same time."

Ahjumma Ruby nodded, it seems like she is also happy for Jongin based on her reaction. The truth is, she is worried for him in that aspect. He is so hard working and busy. Many of his fans are also selfish of him. She worried that he may not be able to found someone who can stay with him forever in the future.

Because despite all the fame he is receiving, all of the love from his fans.. Ahjumma Ruby knows that nothing can beat a love of a person you are willing to spend the rest of your life with.

Just like what she felt when she found her other half, but then.. she doesn't want Kai's love story to end up like hers. Ahjumma Ruby held the door and was about to leave when she looks back and see Kai who is soundly sleeping on his sofa. Whoever the lucky girl is that Kai loves, she hoped for her to love him too.

Then suddenly she remember what Kai has said in his sleep. "I love.. Je.. BlackPink.." he said that made her smile.

Ahjumma Ruby is not really into K-pop because she is too old for that but she has this one girl group that she stans eversince debut. "I love BlackPink too, Jongin." She closed the door and said.. "and my favorite is Jennie-yah."

She is a fan of her since birth.

***

(A/N: Hello guys! Short update for today because I'm so busy huhu {T.T} if only I could just skipped research but I can't! I didn't even have the time to proofread this chapter so sorry for the errors. Komawoyooo for reading and waiting for this chap < 3)