24: STOP

24: STOP

***
J E N N I E

"I heard you saw Min Yoongi at your friend's gathering last night.."

I look away as I sipped my coffee because of what my Father had said. I know that this is just a start of the conversation and I know where this conversation is going.

He is going to confront me.

"So what did you two talked about? I want him for you Jennie." Appa said.

My brows furrowed because of his words. I gritted my teeth feeling my sudden burst of anger.

"I don't like him." I said firmly.

Why is he forcing me to someone I don't like? Isn't it already enough that he forced to broke the heart of the person I love?

"I see.." Appa crossed his arms over his chest as he looked at me with all seriousness in his eyes.

He doesn't look like a father drinking coffee with his daughter. He looks more like a businessman having a meeting with his employee. Well, he never treats me as his daughter in the first place. I am just a product he needs to produce to have someone as his heiress and that is not even his plan because he originally wanted a heir.

Silence filled our spot for a second before he asked another question that made me stop from sipping on my coffee.

"And I heard you were with that k-pop boy ex of yours as well."

I wished he already forgot about Kim Jongin. I don't want my father to meddle with him. But I guess wishes are not that easy to come true.

"Didn't I already warn you about what I could do to that boy, my dear daughter?"

I clenched my fist out of anger because of his threats for Kai.

"Stop with the threats, Appa." I said, venom laced on my voice.

I heard him chuckle but his eyes is filled with undeniable flame of rage. "You're talking back to your father now?"

I heave a sigh, trying very hard to keep my bursting emotions. How could I not talk back? After all I've done to protect Jongin from him.. after all the pain I've been to..

After sacrificing my happiness, he is threatening Kai again?

This is all bullshit.

But even if I am this mad at him, I can't disrespect him because I know what will be the consequences of my actions. I stood up and grab my purse before saying..

"Is it bad if I fought you back once?"

I walked out after saying that.

I know it is bad to talk back to my father because he is my parent. But when has he ever become a parent to me? I lost all my respect for him a long time ago.

All that's left now is the fear that he inflicted on me.

The fear of losing another person that is very precious to me because of him.

***
K A I

"Thank you for trusting our company, Mr. Kim Jongin." Mr. Song bowed respectfully at me before he left.

I sighed as I read the contract of my new investment on another company that is one of the major stock holder in Jennie's Family Company.

"You are being seriously interested about stocks, marketing, investing.. and business lately Jongin." I looked up at Suho Hyung who sat on the chair across to mine. "Are you going to give up on being an exo member now and pursue business?"