23: HURT

23: HURT

***
J E N N I E

I walked gracefully in the middle of the hallway of this luxurious hotel wearing a champagne sleeveless long dress with my hair down straight on my back.

I am cautious about the surrounding because I know Kim Jongin will be here.

"Glad you make it Jen!" Cha Hyesoo, my highschool bestfriend said as she kissed my cheek.

She is carrying her year old baby girl on her hand that I can't help but smile. "Your baby is pretty."

"Of course she would be! I'm her mom." Hyesoo winked at me that made me laugh.

"Pretty sure she looks more like her dad." I said as the baby smiled at me, mini Kim Jongdae indeed.

"What's her name?" I asked Hyesoo, she is the controversial non-showbiz wife of EXO's powerhouse vocalist, Kim Jongdae.

And it turns out that this event is their first daughter's christening. I already saw Baekhyun and Xiumin having a drinking battle so I have a feeling all of the EXO members are here. After all, who would miss their first princess' christening?

"Kim Sarang." Hyesoo answered while admiring her baby girl. "Because she is made out of love. And we are protecting her because of love."

I smiled as I caressed the little girl's chubby cheek. Kim Jongdae and his confession about having a wife and a baby shocked me but what touches my heart is how they held on together. Kim Hyesoo is like living every fangirl's dream huh? I am so happy for her and Chen.

"Would you like to hold her?" Hyesoo asked and before I could even answer she already placed Sarang on my arms. "I need to pee, please take care of my baby for a minute!"

I shook my head because she hasn't change at all since highschool. Bubbly and carefree.

"Momma!" I looked at Sarang when she mumbles those words.

"You know how to say Momma already baby?" I asked as I kissed her cute little cheeks.

Her cheek is so chubby to the point that I am tempted to bite it.

I was playing with the baby girl's hands, making faces to make her laugh while waiting for her mom to come back. Me and Sarang we're both having fun on our own bubble when I heard a certain someone cough.

"You're a babysitter now?"

I frowned and glared at the annoying cat infront of me. Min Yoongi also know as Suga of bts is the guy my father wanted me to be with. He is the only Heir of Min Corp. and it just so happen that he is also a K-pop idol and a co-member of my cousin Jin.

Appa set me up on a date with him once and we didn't get along. It's not like he is a bad guy though, we are just so alike in so many ways that we didn't like each other.

"Mingming!" The baby mumbles that made Yoongi took a step towards us to poke Sarang's dimples.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

Yoongi chuckles, "I didn't gate crash for your information. I am friends with Hyesoo, Jongdae's wife and the mother of that child you are holding."

I rolled my eyes. "you could've just said I'm here because I'm invited."

"I want to have a longer conversation with you." He shrugged his shoulders that made me raised a brow.

I felt Sarang squirming on my hold and mumbling baby words that I can't understand when I felt the familiar tingling heat sensation on my bare back. I looked up and saw Jongin, his hand on the small of my back.

"Sehun told me he saw you." Kai whispered but his gaze is fixated on Yoongi who is smirking at him.

I gulped as I felt the tension between the two of them.

"You're Jennie's ex right?" Yoongi tilted his head, looking at Kai with taunting eyes. "Nice to meet you. I'm her new guy."

I was about to go in between them as Yoongi stretched his hands only to held my right arm and Jongin quickly grab my left elbow. What in the world is wrong with this two?! I am holding baby Sarang!

"If you are Jen's new guy then I am the eldest in EXO." Kai's retort is full of sarcasm.

Yoongi only laughed at Kai who is already looking very pissed off for some reason. I stayed silent because I don't want to accept what I am thinking behind the reason of Jongin's bad mood.

"Jen! Thank you for taking care of my baby Sarang for a while."

"Hyesoo! There you are!" I smoothly went to my friend. Leaving the two to their intense staring contest.

"Thank goodness. You save me." I whispered as I fixed some strand of my hair.

Hyesoo laugh, now carrying baby Sarang. "I know you used to date Jongin but you know Yoongi?"

"He and Seokjin who is my cousin is in BTS."

"Oh.."

I looked at Hyesoo and raised a brow. "What's with the oh?"

She giggles, "you and Yoongi have so much in common."

I rolled my eyes. "That's why we never liked each other."

"Hmm.." she played with Sarang's hair. "What about Jongin though?"

"What about him?" Please not that question.

"If you never liked Yoongi, then you must still like Jongin."

"What are you talking about Hyesoo? It's been years. Me and Jongin is already over." I quickly grab a champagne flute from the waiter that passed by.

I sipped on it to avoid Hyesoo's keen eyes.

"Okay. If you say so.." she smiled.

I was about to argue because her expression is teasing me when I stiffened because of Jongin's hand on my waist. My brows furrowed because of that.

"Really? You don't like me anymore?" Was Kai's low whisper on my ears.

Hyesoo smoothly leaves the two of us saying she needs to change Sarang's diaper. I rolled my eyes at her lame excuse.

"Leave me alone." I told Kai sternly.

"You begged me to be close to you last last night Jen.." He said softly, almost as if he was pleading. "And you just left me there after what happened."

"That's because what happened between us is a mistake!" I hissed, why can't he leave me alone? All I've ever done is to hurt him with my words..!

I saw how his eyes turn bloodshot because of what I have said. He took a step closer to me and I froze. Jongin always find a way to render me speechless. I knew only him can make my heart beat wilder than ever.

"You always find ways to hurt me Jennie.."

My knees weakened when I heard his voice broke.

"T-Then just leave me." I look away.

And as I look away, I saw a familiar face looking at our direction. My stomach run cold when I saw one of my father's accomplice.

"I don't want that k-pop boy for you. He is not a good catch for our company." Was my Father's words to me, "you know what I can do Jennie. I can ruin that boy's whole career. I can make his life miserable.. you choose." Was his threat.

I.. I am just protecting Kai.

I am hurting his feelings to protect him.

I can't ruin him.. because he loves a girl that is tied from her father's tail.

"Leave." I said coldly to him.

Leave Kai.

Because I am tired of saying lies like I don't love you.. I don't want to hurt you anymore.

***