Epilogue

Epilogue

***
K A I

I smile in the mirror, admiring my perfectly fitted suit.

This is it.

The day that the woman I love will finally be mine. After this day, Kim Jennie of BlackPink will be known as Mrs. Kim Jennie of Kim Jongin.

And with the blessing of every person she loves. Yes, even her father.

I still remember the day I met him again and made sure that he finally accept me for his Princess.. Because no matter how he treated Jennie as a Father, I knew that he loves her deep inside his heart.

He gave her home.

He gave her name.

And even though he doesn't like me, I still respect him as Jennie's Father.

His blessings, and my promise to protect and cherished her daughter is important to me before I take Jennie's hand.

*** (Flashback)

"And because our company has been facing the verge of bankruptcy, I would like to inform all of you that a new owner had buy the rest of the shares of the stockholders that left--" I opened the door to the conference room and saw Jennie's Father stopped in the midst of his announcement. "What are you doing here?!"

And as if on cue, each and every members of the board stood up to bow to me. I humbly bowed back as I approach Mr. Kim Hyunsuk whose mouth agape.

"Mr. Kim Jongin.." the Kim Corporation's Vice President said as he introduced me to Jennie's Father. "He is the one who bought all the shares from the stockholders who left."

"You..!" Mr. Kim pointed at me angrily.

I bowed to show my respect to him, not as the new owner of his Company but as a soon-to-be husband of his daughter.

"I am not planning to get this Company from you, Mr. Kim." I said firmly.

Because this company, and money cannot compare to what I truly want. And that is his daughter.

"What are you doing here?!" He shouted, "what do you want from me?!"

I want Jennie, and only her. Nothing more, nothing less.

I heave a sighed as I look at every board members and they quickly got my message as they all exited the conference room leaving me with Mr. Kim whose getting angrier by the second.

I heave a sigh, knowing that pursuing him would be a lot harder than I thought.

I looked at him and stared at his eyes with all seriousness. I gulped, feeling nervous about what he will say.

"I know you don't like me, Mr. Kim. But I still, I want to formally asked for your daughter's hand in marriage." I said using all my courage and sincerity. "I really.. really love Jennie Kim, Sir."

He look away, "you don't need to ask me that. She already choose you."

I took a step towards him to catch his eyes, "I know you guys are not yet in good terms, Sir. But trust me, your daughter would be happy to be with you on our wedding day.."

Despite everything that Jennie told me of him, I can see in her eyes whenever she talked about her father that she loves him.

"You're daughter loves you, Sir. I hope you come."

I said those words before I turn my back on him. I was about to open the door when I heard him call my name.

"Take care of my Jennie. Love her."