Life's too short - Tool x Reader

So, this is a request for _80s_Guys_Lover_. It is my first imagine for Tool, and as always, I hope you all enjoy.

"Earth to Tool. Tool, ya with us?" Christmas chuckled, as he clicked his fingers in front of the team's recruitment liaison, and armourers, eyes. Tool finally shaking himself from his thoughts as (Y/n)'s figure disappeared from out of his shop, and onto the bustling streets outside. Christmas and Barney rolling their eyes as Tool pulled the cloth from his little painting project, pretending that absolutely nothing had happened. But Barney, in particular, had known the tattoo artist long enough to realise, that whatever was going on with Tool as far as (Y/n) was concerned, was a lot different to what happened with the other girls that flocked around his shop.

It was true that Tool had quite the reputation as far as the ladies were concerned. Always had in fact. But since (Y/n) had joined the team a few months ago, Tool seemed to have eyes for no one but the exquisite weapons expert. None of the boys failing to notice how the usually cool knife thrower, would appear to blush ever so slightly when he showed (Y/n) and the others his latest batch of guns. Strangely always seeming to come up with something special for her.

"What? Yeah, fine." Tool finally replied absentmindedly, as he puffed on his pipe. A plume of smoke surrounding him as he carefully painted the piece of wood in front of him.

"What ya working on?" Christmas continued, despite knowing full well what Tool was up to.

In the past, Lee and the others had seen Tool use his artistic abilities to decorate things for his latest girl. The last thing being a guitar. But this time, this particular project seemed more important. The armourer having worked on it for weeks to ensure that it was the best thing that he had ever done. Even better than the tattoos that littered Barney's body. The piece, a true work of art. A labour of love.

"Nothing......Just something.......Nothing." Tool replied. Barney shrugging at Lee, as his old friend seemed to be making no sense at all, as he dabbed delicately at the item in front of him.

Barney had to admit that he had never seen Tool quite so enchanted before, by anyone or anything. Even his usual bevvy of beauties had never affected him in such a way. But Barney had to admit that he couldn't blame him. That there was something about their new recruit. That he could understand why Tool had lost himself. For (Y/n) had a heart of gold, bigger than anyone else's he had ever met. And something like that was a rarity in their line of work. Yet (Y/n) managed to combine kindness with the ability to kick serious ass, seamlessly. None of the team blaming Tool for losing his heart, but just wishing that he would actually take a chance and say something. Because, after all, life's too short.

"Well? Which is it? Something or nothing?" Christmas asked as he looked over Tool's shoulder.

"Now, if ya were ta ask me. I would say that that was definitely something. In fact, I'd say, that it looks like a violin ta me. Hey, Barn. Didn't (Y/n) say that she played tha violin? I bet she would love somethin like that." Christmas said, as Barney joined him, looking over Tool's other shoulder. Both of them watching the armourer's every intricate brushstroke. Tool doing his best to ignore the pair.

"Yeah. I seem ta remember she does. I think she said that she's been playin it since she was a kid. And its funny that ya should be painting it like that, Tool. Christmas? Doesn't (Y/n) have a thing for pale flowers like that, with all those vines and everything? And the Dia de los Muertos thing. Ain't that one of (Y/n)'s favourites too?" Barney replied knowingly. Tool sighing as he finally dropped his paintbrush.

"Ok, ya can cut tha crap. It's fa (Y/n). I.........."

"No shit. When are ya gonna tell her how ya feel? Come on, Tool. You know just as well as tha rest of us, that in our line of work, any day could be ya last. So, don't waste what time ya have left. We ain't blind. Since tha moment (Y/n) stepped foot in this shop, you've been different. Go tell her, before someone else comes along, or somethin happens. Life's too short ta not take a chance." Christmas interrupted, as Tool looked down at the instrument that he had finished over a week ago. But had told himself wasn't completed, just so that he didn't have to present it to (Y/n) and maybe be told that she didn't feel for him, as he felt for her.

"Ya right. I should do something." Tool sighed again as he got to his feet, reaching for the violin's case, and placing the instrument inside.

"Shut up tha shop for me, will ya? I have to do this now." Tool simply said, as he made his way to the door. Barney and Christmas smiling as they watched Tool climb on board his bike.

                                                           >>------------------------------<<

The ride to (Y/n)'s apartment had seemed to take forever. Tool feeling ridiculous as he realised that it was like he was young again, with a crush on the best looking girl at school. That at his age, he should know exactly what to say to a woman he had fallen in love with. Yet, as he stood before her door, his mind was still filled with all the things that he could possibly say. And all the terrible ways that he could completely mess it up.

"Tool? Is everything ok? Are you ok?" (Y/n) asked, as she appeared from behind the door. Tool not realising that he had ever knocked.

"Hi, (Y/n). Er......yeah. Everything is fine. I just brought you something." Tool replied, as he handed her the case. (Y/n)'s eyes growing wide, as she opened it to reveal the gift.

"This is for me? But why? I mean, I'm not complaining. This is absolutely beautiful. It's everything I love. But why.........."

"Can I talk to ya, (Y/n)? I mean........can I take ya somewhere to talk? I want ta show ya something. And yeah, its definitely for you." Tool interrupted. Feeling his heart beat quicker, as (Y/n) smiled. Her fingers ghosting over the exquisite work of art.

"Of course. Tool. Just let me put this inside, and we can go wherever you want." (Y/n) chuckled. Taking the violin inside, before appearing in a jacket. Tool offering her his arm, as they made their way back to his bike.

                                                       >>---------------------------------<<

The bike ride had gone too quickly for Tool. The artist savouring every moment, as (Y/n) wrapped her arms tightly around his waist. The two laughing as the world flew by. The pair now sat looking over the lights of the city.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" (Y/n) suddenly asked. Tool not noticing the scenery, as his eyes stayed firmly fixed on (Y/n).

"Er......yeah. (Y/n), I ......." Tool coughed. Trying to regain his composure as (Y/n) turned to look at him. Her eyes sparkling perfectly in the light of the full moon.

"Tool." (Y/n) said. Stopping him before he could go any further. Her hand reaching up and taking his hat from his head and placing it on hers.

"You know. I would never have thought that you would struggle with finding the right things to say to a girl. So, I'll help you a little." (Y/n) continued. Her hand resting gently on his cheek.

"I like you too, Tool. And given that, what do you say to us taking a chance, and you kissing me? Then, we can go from there." (Y/n) chuckled, as she brushed her nose against his. Tool wrapping his arms around her and pulling her close as their lips connected. Both of them knowing that this was going to be the first kiss of many to come. Because after all, life is too short to not take a chance on love.