Until we meet again - Barney x Reader

Drummer stormed out of the interview room in utter frustration. He had spent hours sitting across from the beautiful woman and had not once managed to get her to look up from the table, never mind get her to answer any of his questions.

"It's impossible." Drummer groaned, rubbing his face with his hands; the agent never having felt so tired from simply trying to talk to someone.

"I have tried everything. I don't know what to do next." Drummer complained, as he threw the file on the woman down onto the table in front of Barney, Christmas and the rest of the team.

Normally Drummer and the CIA would take care of such a thing by themselves, normally they wouldn't have outsiders watching as they tried to talk to a person of interest; but this was different, and given what Barney and the rest of the boys had just been though, Drummer decided to bring them in to see if they could help.

Barney couldn't believe his eyes when he had seen his old comrade in Mogadishu that day. He couldn't believe that the man that he had thought was dead, the man he thought that he had killed so many years before could actually be alive; but it wasn't just the appearance of Stonebanks that had confused and shocked him, it was also the appearance of a young woman that he had only seen in pictures before that moment, a young woman that Stonebanks had only ever told him about, and that was his younger sister (Y/n), a young woman who herself had followed her brother into the Australian Special Forces, but was now being dragged along by her brothers men as if she were some kind of prisoner.

While the team had followed Conrad, they had continued to see the younger Stonebanks, but suddenly she seemed to disappear, so now that Barney was looking at her through the two way mirror he couldn't help but wonder what this was all about, and hope that she had not followed in her brothers footsteps in all respects.

(Y/n) Stonebanks had sat in the interview room for hours, just staring at the table in front of her not saying a word, not moving, not even taking a drink of the water that some female agent had brought in for her. It was as if she had completely zoned out of this world, drifting off into her own head, not seeming to hear or care about a single thing that was happening around her.

Barney picked up the file and perused it, his fingers flicking through the papers as he looked between it and the woman on the other side of the two way mirror.

"Where did you find her?" Barney asked Drummer, as he looked at the scratches on the woman's skin, as well as the black eye and the bust lip.

"We found her in some little hell hole being guarded by her brother's men. We don't know if it was them that made her look like that, if it was Conrad himself or someone else. Either way, we have to find out whether she was part of her brother's business or not." Drummer told Barney, all the men now looking at the younger Stonebanks.

"From what we saw, it didn't look to me like she could be going along with her brother. Looked to me like she was far from happy about being anywhere near  him in Mogadishu. And if she was in business with him, why would he have her holed up in some hole being watched over." Christmas said to Barney, as he walked up to his friends' side, so that he could look at the woman better.

"We asked the Australian's for her service record, and it seems pretty exemplary. She's an explosives expert, specialising in high tech weapons, remote detonation, robotics, that kind of thing. Once she left the service it seems like the Aussies lost track of her, but from information that we have been able to get, it sounds like Stonebanks has had her in hiding, maybe hoping to use her expertise in his arms business, so exact records of her movements are difficult to come by. We have managed to find out that she has an exceptionally high IQ, but other than that, and with her not answering any questions.........." Drummer said almost apologetically, as he sighed heavily.