More than a pretty face - Part 1 - Lee x Barney x Reader

Lee made his way into the bar, and over to where the rest of the team sat. His brows furrowing, as not one of the other men looked at him; their eyes focused on something on the other side of the large room.

"What's wrong with you guys...........?" Christmas asked, following Caesar's now pointing finger, to see Barney sat at a table; seemingly all on his own.

"Okay, its Barney. What the............oh..............." Lee said, his question lost, as two guys moved, and he could now see that Barney was not alone. That in fact his friend was talking to a very, very beautiful woman.

"Who.........what...............?"

"Her name's (Y/n). Bonaparte found her, thinks she could be of use............" Toll explained, without turning his gaze from the pair on the other side of the bar. Christmas finding his own eyes focusing on the female that was listening as Barney spoke. A smile coming to his lips, as he saw her laugh at something the big man with her, must have just said.

"So, um.........what is she...............?" Lee finally managed to ask as he took a seat. Wondering whether he should just get back up, and go over so that he could introduce himself.

"Barney didn't say. Just said that he was expecting someone; told us her name, told us about Bonaparte, and that he was gonna talk to her on his own." Gunnar told him, as he picked up his beer and emptied the bottle.

Christmas knew that they could do with a replacement for Yin Yang. That he wasn't averse to some extra help on the jobs they would get; but, and not meaning to sound strangely rude, the woman with Barney looked more like a model, than a mercenary; a movie star, not someone that would know how to handle themselves in a fire fight. Yet he knew that his old friend would not be talking to her if she wasn't capable of doing the job; that Bonaparte wouldn't have wasted Barney's time, if she was little more than a pretty face. All of the boys suddenly sitting up and pretending that they hadn't been watching the whole time, as Barney and the woman got to their feet and shook hands. The team looking at one another, as the big guy made his way over to them, and the possible new recruit, made her way out of the door.

"So..........?" Doc asked, as Barney took a seat in his usual chair.

"What............?"

"Come on Barn..........." Christmas interrupted. The Englishman just as anxious as the rest of them to get the scoop.

"Oh, you mean (Y/n)..............?"

"No.......the Easter Bunny.......of course, (Y/n). What's going on? She no good.........? Why didn't you bring her over...........?"

"Well.........." Barney began, smiling at the waitress, as she placed a beer in front of him, indicating for her to bring another round for the rest of them.

"She's ex-special ops, and was looking at moving into bodyguard work after her honourable discharge, until Bonaparte caught up with her and told her about us. And I didn't bring her over, because she had a job to get to. The son of some sheikh is in town and daddy hired (Y/n) to watch over him............" Barney explained, as he took a gulp of his beer and sat back in his chair.

"But she will be joining us when we leave the day after tomorrow..........." The big man added. Hiding the smile behind the lip of his bottle, as they all looked at him.

He, of course, wasn't blind to how beautiful the woman that had come to see him, was. I fact, he had been quite taken aback. But more than her looks, he was concerned with if she could do the job or not. Barney not about to allow anyone in the team that couldn't pull their weight. Yet if what he had read in her file was right, and what she had told him was the truth, then he knew that he wouldn't have to question her abilities. He wouldn't have to worry about his, or any of the others not having their back watched. So, he had been happy to ask her to come on their next mission. And it was obvious that none of the others had any issues with it either.

                                                               >>-----------------------------------<<

(Y/n) stopped the Hayabusa outside the hanger that Barney had told her to come to. The ex-sargent pulling off her helmet, before climbing from the machine. When she had received her discharge, she had known that it would be difficult for her to reintegrate into civilian life. That given she had been in the forces for the majority of her adult years, she really couldn't remember what it was like before that; just hoping that a bodyguard job would allow her to keep using her skills, would give her the same regime as the forces. But then a man called Bonaparte had called on her; telling her about a......well, a group of mercenaries; a group that might be able to use what she knew. And she had to admit that it sounded better than looking after some overprivileged little shits, that thought of her and others as little more than something they had to avoid stepping on in the streets. What the so called 'Expendables' did, sounding dangerous, but her kind of dangerous. Now, all she had to do, was prove herself; not that that had ever been a problem before.

Pushing her big, old army bag back over her shoulder, she cautiously made her way through the hanger doors. She knew that she should have probably done her best to meet the others, the night that she had met Barney; but she couldn't afford to turn down a well paid job. That, and the big man had sort of told her what to expect. The names, Christmas, Caesar, Gunnar, Toll, Doc, and Galgo, going around and around in her mind. But what she hadn't expected was to see a rather handsome man, standing there with crossed arms, as if waiting for her as soon as she moved into the shadows of the hanger. A smile spreading across his stubbled cheeks, as he looked her up and down.

"Let me guess, you are Christmas.............."

"How did you know..................?"

"Because I think that all mine, have just come at once." (Y/n) replied. Her own smile growing, as she took in every inch, of man in front of her.