More than a pretty face - Part 2 - Christmas x Reader

"(Y/n)..........." A voice called out. The possible new recruit and Lee, turning to see Barney make his way over to them.

"Mister Ross..............."

"I see that you have met Christmas..............."

"Not formally, but yes............" (Y/n) replied, as she reached out and shook Barney's hand.

"Well, if that hasn't caused you to rethink my proposal, then I should probably introduce you to the rest of the team......." Barney continued, gesturing for (Y/n) to follow him.

"See you again soon, Christmas............" (Y/n) said, before following after the big man. Lee watching her, as she walked away; getting a feeling that this woman was gonna cause him nothing but trouble, in all the best ways.

                                                            >>--------------------------------<<

The old plane made its way to their destination, (Y/n) making a final inspection of her weapons, before they touched down and the shit hit the fan. She had to say that they were a ragtag bunch. A strange group, that service to their country and that fate had brought together. Yet there was something about them, each of them, that made her hope that Ross would appreciate what she could do and ask her to join them.

Even though her discharge had really not been that long ago, she was already missing the camaraderie that she had had for so many years. Those that she had served with were her brothers, her sisters; (Y/n) never having to worry about her back, in any situation, knowing that her friends were watching over her, as much as she was watching over them. Yet now that she was out in the civilian world, all alone, she had begun to feel vulnerable for the first time; and vulnerable was a feeling that she didn't like. So, when the man sporting the fishing hat and vest had found her, she had quickly agreed to meeting Barney Ross; hoping that he and these......Expendables, would be what she was really looking for.

"So..............." A voice suddenly said, (Y/n) looking up to see the big blonde standing over her. His open hip flask in his hand.

"What do you do................?"

"Oh, you know. A little of this, a little of that; a lot of the other............" (Y/n) replied, smiling at Christmas as he made his way out of the cockpit. The ex-sargent pushing her Glock into its holster at her thigh, as she took in the handsome creature that had taken a seat on the other side of the plane. The Swede letting out a soft huff, as he took a gulp of the strong smelling contents of the small metal flask.

(Y/n) had met a lot of men, a lot of women like Gunnar, before. People haunted by the sights, the sounds and smells of what they had been though during their time in the forces. People that had no idea how to deal with their experiences, with their losses, other than try and drown them out, by using drink. No idea of how to deal with the civilian world, other than losing themselves by the use of some illegal narcotic. There something about Gunnar, that told her that he had done both. Yet she had to think that despite the fact he seemed to be attached to that hip flask of his by........well, by the hip; he must still be able to do the job that was required of him. Bonaparte telling her something of the team before she had met Barney Ross; telling her that they worked well together.

"And......exactly how much of this, other, have you done..........." Christmas suddenly asked. The tone of his voice telling her, that the Englishman was not talking about what she had done during her time in the force. The way that he was looking at her, causing a very pleasant heat to warm her belly.

"Oh, enough to be very good at it. Very good at it. I mean, I've never had any complaints................."

"I bet you haven't............" Christmas replied, as he leant forward. His hazel eyes looking deep into hers.

"And I am sure you haven't either, Mister Christmas............"

"Will you two just do us all a favour and get a room............." Toll called out, as he finally looked up from his book. The demolition expert saying what the others were thinking.

"Well, I'm willing if (Y/n) is..............." Lee replied, his smile getting broader, as he watched the beautiful woman bite down seductively on her bottom lip.

"We get out of this alive, and you take me for dinner and drinks first, and I might just think about it." The ex-special ops sargent responded. The eye contact between the pair not breaking, until Barney called out from the front of the plane that it was twenty minutes to place where they could land the rickety aircraft. Lee getting to his feet and covering the distance between himself and (Y/n) in one stride. His lips hovering next to her ear.

"It's a date............" Christmas said softly, then standing up straight and giving her a wink before heading back to the cockpit.