Go up with a Bang! - Galgo x Reader

Ok. So, this sort of a second part to "Keep up Old Man". Hope you enjoy 😃💣💥

"How's it looking (Y/n)?" Barney asked over the comms, as (Y/n) examined the IED that Galgo was standing on.

The team had found themselves deep in central Africa thanks to Drummer, who had sent the team in to try and give some assistance to a group that were fighting against a warlord that was attempting a coupe over the democratically elected governing party. There mission had gone well, but as the team headed back to the plane, Galgo had stepped on, and activated an IED, and now (Y/n) was the only one between him, and certain death.

As soon as she had heard the click, and seen the look on Galgo's face, (Y/n) had made the rest of the team leave them behind, in an attempt to ensure that if anyone was going to die, that it would only be herself, and, or, Galgo. Barney and Galgo had tried to insist that she leave with the rest of the team, that it was more important that she was safe; but (Y/n) had refused, stating that no one, but no one, was going to die on her watch. As a compromise, Barney had insisted that the rest of the team only move a safe distance away, so that if (Y/n) needed anything, at least they were still close by.

"It's an IED Barney, these fuckin things are as individual as the bastards that make them; but its certainly not just something that was knocked together, this thing has been well thought out." (Y/n) told Barney, as she carefully blew away some of the dry dirt from around the devise.

"Why don't you and the boys make your way back to the plane, and the old man here and I will join you when I've dragged his ass out of the shit?" (Y/n) told Barney, as she lay down on the floor, trying to get a better look at the bomb that was under Galgo's foot.

"We ain't goin anywhere dahlin, we are staying right here." Barney said adamantly, as he and the boys waited to see how the situation was going to play out.

Galgo looked down at the woman on the floor, he still couldn't believe how lucky he was to have her in his life; from the first moment they met, he knew that she had to be his.

"Novia." Galgo said, as (Y/n) reached into her pack for her set of tools.

"What is it baby?" (Y/n) asked, trying not to let the man she loved distract her from the job at hand.

"Do you remember how we met?" Galgo asked nervously, as he watched (Y/n) begin to manoeuvre around the devise.

"Baby, this isn't the time, I need to concentrate." (Y/n) said, looking up at the nervous man.

"At this moment in time, I just need you to keep still, and stay quiet, so that you don't go up with a bang." (Y/n) told him, as she reached for a screwdriver.

"I know, but I need to talk......... just in case." Galgo said, gulping as (Y/n) looked up at him angrily.

"There is no "just in case", this is what I do, so just trust me." (Y/n) said, as she returned her attention back towards the devise.

"And yes, I do remember how we met. Barney and Boney had sent you to try and chase me into that terrible trap they had organised to try and catch me. The only problem was, you were too slow, and I had to stop and wait for you to catch up." (Y/n) said, smiling softly as she pulled out a small pair of pliers.

"I wasn't too slow." Galgo protested, trying his best to stay as still as he possibly could.

"Oh yes you were, old man; its just a good job that you piqued my curiosity, or I would have been miles away." (Y/n) told him, looking up at Galgo as he smiled at the memory.

"Do you remember our first date?" Galgo asked, carefully wiping away the sweat that was forming on his brow.

"How could I forget? You took me to that beautiful tapas restaurant, that had those flamenco dancers; that male dancer was amazing, and completely gorgeous." (Y/n) said, chuckling slightly as she heard Galgo huff indignantly.