I am never gonna hear the last of this - Part 3 - Christmas x Reader

A special request for yoongibbyy who asked if I would do a third part to this imagine. Hopefully, this makes quarantine a little easier for you and anyone else that is couped up inside. Stay safe 😃

A month, a whole damn month! Christmas hadn't heard a word from (Y/n) in a month. Christmas, Trench and Barney had all been concerned when Church had called (Y/n) in for a private meeting, they knew that it wasn't going to end well, that (Y/n) would get dragged into one of the CIA agents crooked schemes; but no matter what any of them had said to try and dissuade her from going, she had insisted. She had told them that this was what she did, she was Delta Force, and she had been on more than one dubious mission in the past, and whatever Church had in mind, she could handle it.

Hours after she had supposed to return from the meeting, both Christmas and Trench had received messages to tell them not to worry, that she loved them, and she would be home when she finished the job, a message that had, despite knowing how well trained she was, filled them with a strange kind of dread.

Barney was annoyed that Church had taken one of his team away without even a word and was even more annoyed that the absence of (Y/n) was having a detrimental effect on his friend, as well as the rest of the team.

Barney and Trench had done all they could to get in contact with Church, but he was dubious in his absence, always seeming to be able to avoid any sort of contact, much to Christmas' chagrin.

Things had been quiet, and Barney was currently in the engine of the plane, covered in oil trying to fix a misfire in one of the plugs as Christmas absentmindedly handed him his tools, when the sound of squealing tyres alerted the pair that something was amiss outside the hangar. As both men rushed outside to see what was happening, their eyes fell on an angry looking Trench and a strangely concerned looking Church.

"Tell them." Trench growled at Church, as the bald headed man looked sheepishly at the two men in front of him. If Christmas wasn't worried before he would be now; he had never seen anyone talk to Church like that before, and he had most certainly never seen Church look like anything other than a self-righteous, smug bastard; but he actually looked anxious, and Christmas knew that it was to do with (Y/n).

"Tell us what?" Christmas shouted, as Barney held him back from going for the agent.

"I was under instructions to send (Y/n) out on a WET operation, she was our best option, she is unknown and perfectly trained for the mission, and I want it understood that I didn't force her to take the job, she took it of her own free will." Church said, desperately trying to cover his own ass.

"What's happened to (Y/n)?" Christmas asked, as he felt his hands squeeze into fists so tight that his knuckles were turning white.

"A month ago (Y/n) was dropped into Chechnya, we had received intel that there is a possible civil war between competing warlords coming, and one, by the name of Vaskha Akhasanov has been in talks with some very dubious people about acquiring specialised weaponry to ensure that his group comes out on top. We, as well as the Russians, need to ensure that we keep a tight rein on these men, and we sent (Y/n) in with instructions that she is to ensure that Akhasanov doesn't get his hands on these weapons, using any means possible to guarantee that." Church said, bringing out a file from the seat of the car.

"(Y/n) went in using the cover of being Akhasanov's nephew's girlfriend; Gregori is desperate to take over from his uncle and will be much easier for us to control, and has offered to help us get a hold in the area if we assist him by taking out his uncle. The mission was going fine until we lost all contact with (Y/n) two days ago." Church told Christmas, as he handed Barney the file.

"So, you are telling me that you sent my wife into one of the most dangerous regions of Russia, without any kind of backup, to kill a warlord, while posing as another man's girlfriend; and now you have no idea what has happened to her?" Christmas asked in disbelief, as Church shrugged his shoulders.