Stuck - Gunnar x Reader

Gunnar seems to be one of the most popular characters that I write for, so here's a little something for the big man that I hope you will enjoy. 

"Why did it have to be you? I mean, out of everyone, why did it have to be you? Toll would have been a delight. Christmas would have been wonderful. Galgo would have been hilarious. But nooooooooo. I had to get stuck with you." (Y/n) groaned, as she pulled the old, moth eaten blankets around herself. Trying her best to warm up, using the small fire that Gunnar had been able to rustle up.

"Look. You're not the only one that's not happy about this situation. I would rather be stuck in the middle of a fire fight than here with you. But we both lucked out now, didn't we?" Gunnar groaned in return. The big Swede dropping down onto the floor, on the opposite side of the fire. Doing his best to ignore her.

"Well, if it wasn't for you, we wouldn't have got stuck here in the first place. Mister I never miss. Mister I am such a wonderful shot. Mister I'm such a crass asshole, and no one wants to be stuck with me, Jensen. (Y/n) hissed in reply, as she remembered that if there was one thing that she hated, it was being cold. And being cold with Gunnar Jensen, just made it all ten times worse.

The mission was supposed to be simple. Take a little side excursion while the rest of the team took out the main target. Barney insisting that (Y/n), and Gunnar were the best ones for the job. And that spending some time together, might just thaw out their frosty relationship.

To begin with, it had gone well. Leaving the rest of the team had proceeded without a hitch. Getting to the location of their target had been a breeze. Yet, when it had come down to it, Gunnar had insisted that he take the shot, and had missed the target. (Y/n) only admitting to herself that it wasn't altogether his fault. And that circumstances beyond either of their control, had meant that the big man hadn't been able to live up to his own hype. The pair finding that they had had to change their plans quickly and make a run for it through a pass that the team had not reconnoitred. Unfortunately having to take refuge in a wooden cabin high up in the mountains. A cabin that was now snowed in, with all lines of communication between the waring duo and the others, seeming to have been cut off.

"Don't you ever stop complaining? I mean, seriously. And you nag too. Sometimes I would swear that we were married............"

"Oh please. I wouldn't marry you even if you were the last man on the planet. And I do not complain or nag. Plus, being married to me would be an absolute dream.........."

"Oh, yeah, it would be a dream alright. I believe that those dreams are called nightmares." Gunnar scoffed. Interrupting the interruption. The blonde smiling smugly, as (Y/n) growled under her breath.

"Has anyone ever told you, that you are a pompous, arrogant ass. Who has a face that closely resembles a baboon's butt? And that you have the manners of a New York street rat!" (Y/n) exclaimed, as she got to her feet. Deciding that she had already spent more than enough time looking at Gunnar's face. The former bomb disposal expert looking through the cupboards of the run down cabin, in hopes of finding something that could be more edible than the ration pack that she had in her bag.

"What are you looking for?" Gunnar sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose as (Y/n) banged cupboard door after cupboard door.

"Something.........anything.........."I don't know." (Y/n) replied. Doing her best to ignore the big man's continued grumbles.

"There isn't going to be anything. This place probably hasn't been used in ten years. We're just lucky that it's still standing. I.........."

"BRANDY!" (Y/n) suddenly declared, as her freezing fingers brushed away the dirt from the label. The full bottle of spirits, promising warmth, and an escape from Gunnar's constant whining about how bad she was.