The package - Part 2 - Church x Expendables x Reader

"Well..............?" Christmas asked, as he left Barney in the cockpit and joined Doc and the other at the back of the plane.

"Well............she's still alive. But she's highly sedated, and..............."

"And what...................? Gunnar interrupted, as he moved to stand over Doc and his patient, that lay on the floor of the rumbling plane.

"And................I would suggest that she has been through a few more things too. There are marks on her arms that look they have been trying to get some information out of our package. I don't know what the rest of her looks like, but I think that she's been through some shit." Doc explained, as he held up one of the woman's limp arms. Christmas nodding in agreement with Doc's evaluation, as he saw the marks, burns and cuts that littered her flesh.

"You got anything in that little box of tricks of yours that could counteract whatever they've given her?" Christmas continued, as he knelt down next to the woman. His eyes taking in as much of her as he could.

There was no denying that despite her condition, she was quite beautiful. If he ignored the dark circles under her closed eyes, the bruises on her cheekbones and the dried blood that came from her nose, he could imagine that when her skin was no long its current shade of grey, she would be quite the sight to behold. Lee finding himself not only wondering who she was, but why she seemed so important; especially to Church.

I don't have anything like Flumazenil, but I think that it would be better to let her sleep. Not only because it looks like she needs it, but it will be better for her to stay still. God only knows if there is anything going on internally. So, I say that we leave her as she is until we get her back State side." Doc replied, as he looked between Christmas and his patient. Lee just nodding in agreement before getting back to his feet and making his way back to the cockpit. Giving the package that they had been sent to retrieve, one last look before he went back to join Barney.

                                                   >>--------------------------------<<

"Well..............?" Doc asked, as Barney made his way back up into the fuselage of the plane with Lee not far behind.

As soon as the plane had been taken back into the hanger, Barney had made the call to Church. It obvious from the sound of his voice that even the usually cold and calm agent was relieved at the news that the package was, though slightly damaged, back in the U.S and still alive. The company man informing Barney that he was on his way to take the package off their hands. And of course, he hadn't elaborated any further as to whom the woman was.

"Well..............Church is on his way..............."

"Did he say who she was, and why he hadn't told us that we were after a goddamn hostage and not a package...........?" Doc continued. It obvious that he, just like the other boys, was angry at the fact that as per usual the agent hadn't told them everything. And that if he had been told that they were after a person, he would have been better prepared.

"No, and we have as much chance of getting anything out of him as we usually do. As soon as he gets here, she'll probably be whisked away by some company medical team, and we'll be left with no explanation. Any chance that those sedatives she's been given might wear off before he gets here?" Barney replied, hoping that they might be able to get something, anything from the woman, before Church and his cronies descended on them like a wake of vultures. His heart sinking as Doc shook his head.

"Not a chance in hell. Whatever they gave her is strong. I was even thinking that they might have drugged her because they were going to move her to another place. They might have known that someone was going to be sent for her. We just got there before it could happen." Doc sighed, as he slowly got to his feet.

Neither Barney nor Christmas would be surprised if that was the case. It wouldn't be the first time that Church had sent them in knowing full well that someone would probably be waiting for them. Hell, it probably wouldn't be the last, and Doc's supposition would certainly explain why there had been so much stuff that just seemed to be hanging around the compound, as if waiting for a truck to pick it up. Barney now able to understand some of the urgency in the agent's voice and manner when it came to the retrieval of the package. The big man just wishing that they could get something from the woman before she was whisked away, leaving all of them in the dark.

Suddenly there was a loud bang, as if someone was pounding on the large door of the hanger. Barney, Christmas and Doc, all making their way to the exit at the back of the plane. All three men rolling their eyes, as they saw Church. The look in his eyes the strangest mixture of emotions, as he made his way over to them.

"Where is she?" The agent demanded to know as he stormed up to them. His demeanour at once angry and aggressive, but them scared and hurt. A heady mix of emotions that could make any one very dangerous and unpredictable.

"She...........? You mean the package............? She's in the back of the plane." Lee scoffed, gesturing into the fuselage from which he and the other two men had just appeared. The ex-special forces operative grunting, as Church barged his way past and climbed into the plane. His face becoming paler as he saw the body laid out on the floor.

"(Y/n)?! (Y/n), honey............its me, Alex............." Church said as she rushed to her side and dropped to his knees. His tone much softer than it had been before.

"(Y/n)?..............What have you done to her..................? I warned you that if you didn't bring her back in one piece.........." The agent growled, as he turned his attention to the three Expendables, when the woman didn't move.

"Whoa.........whoa...........hold your horses................we haven't done anything to her. The guys that had her have given her a sedative or something. She's been like this all the way. We don't have the right stuff to counteract it. We have brought her back, exactly as we found her. In fact, you should be thanking Doc for making sure that she stayed alive............" Barney countered, as he came to stand toe to toe with the agent, not liking his insinuations one little bit.

"Fine!" Church huffed in reply, before pushing back Barney this time, and poking his head out of the fuselage door. Putting his fingers to his mouth and letting out a very loud, shrill whistle.

Before anyone could say anything further, there was a flurry of activity outside the plane, two men appearing with a gurney and making their way over to the prone woman. Church growling and barking orders. Telling them to be careful, to watch what they were doing, as they slowly picked her up from the floor of the plane and placed her on the stretcher, and then even more carefully manoeuvred her through the door and into a dark vehicle that closely resembled a medical unit without all the usual makings other than the lights on the roof. The doors being closed firmly behind them, before the vehicle sped back out to the hanger and into the evening. Church simply turning to the three men and giving them a nod, before he too made his way back outside and into a waiting black car.