A little secret - Part 3 - Christmas x Reader

(Y/n) made her way out of the airport. A soft breeze cooling her warm cheeks as she hailed one of the waiting cabs. A young man jumping from the driver's seat of the vehicle, before making his way over to her. A large smile forming on his lips as he took the bag from her hand and placed in in the trunk.

"Hola . Welcome to beautiful Carama." The dark-haired man said, as he opened the door of the cab and allowed her to climb inside the vehicle, before he rushed back around to the driver's side and climbed in himself.

"Where can I take you...........?" The man continued, as he started the car and pulled out into the bustling traffic that surrounded the airport.

"Um.........The Casa de Los Santos, please..........." (Y/n) replied, as she looked out of the city that surrounded her. She had to admit that this San Becia, this Carama was quite beautiful, and the festival atmosphere just added a little something extra. The air filled with a mixture of the sweet smells of flowers and wonderful food. Women in colourful costumes walking in groups down the street. (Y/n) wishing that she was there for another reason other then to help the boys on of their little jobs for Drummer. That it could be just her and Christmas enjoying the sights and sounds that the city had to offer.

"Are you here for the celebrations for Santa Carina, Señorita?" The driver enquired, as he looked through the rear-view mirror at her.

"Yes, I have heard so much about it. I've had friends that have been here before. And I thought that I would take the opportunity to see it for myself." (Y/n) replied, with a smile, before turning back to look at the scene beyond the window.

"I think that you will enjoy it. If you are meeting your friends, you might be interested in the Festival de las Luces, the Festival of Lights. It is held down at the river..................."

"Oh, I'm not meeting anyone. I am here by myself. I thought that I would take the leap and just come and enjoy this lovely city by myself. But I think that I would love to see the Festival of Lights............" (Y/n) interrupted. Another smile coming to her lips, as she saw the young man looking at her through the mirror again.

(Y/n) wasn't a fool. She had done jobs just like this in her past life for long enough to know who to slip just the right amount of knowledge to. Barney had told her that the Esposito guy that they were after, had an eye for the ladies. That her presence in the city would get back to the target. And who better to possibly get this information from than the cab drivers that picked up the visitors from the airport? Who better to hopefully inform the target that she was on her own, and what hotel she could be found in.

"Well, I am sure that a beautiful woman as yourself will not be on her own for very long. Carama is a very friendly city." The driver chuckled. (Y/n) now certain that it wouldn't be long before an invitation to the little party, that the boys were already invited to, turned up at her hotel.

                                                       >>-------------------------------<<

Christmas took the pale Panama hat from his head and wiped his brow. He and Barney sat together at a table of one of the many cantinas around the bustling city. The others milling around the stalls and all the other attractions to do with the saint's festival.

"Do you think that she's landed yet?" Lee asked. As he put the hat back on his head and looked down at his watch.

Ever since he had left (Y/n) the other morning, Christmas had been worried. It was true what she said back in Barney's office, that she knew how to look after herself. But that didn't make things any better. After all, it wasn't that things like this were normal for (Y/n) like they were for him and the boys. She didn't go around, putting herself into dangerous situations. Situations where she would get shot at, like they did. But once Barney had told her that they had need of her, he knew that there was no chance of talking her out of it. Now he was just worried about her getting to San Becia's capital, never mind anything else.

"See for yourself." Barney replied. Gesturing with his eyes to a cab that had just pulled up at the hotel not far from where the two of them sat. A smile pulling at the corners of Lee's lips, as he saw a familiar figure. And even though the woman's features were concealed by a large sun hat, there was no mistaking in Lee's mind, that that was (Y/n). The Englishman huffing slightly under his breath as the driver of the cab made his girl laugh. When he noticed other men that were wandering around, turn and look at (Y/n). Lee remembering that he was going to have to have a word with Galgo when he saw him later. Christmas taking a gulp of his drink as he watched the Spaniard look over the top of his dark glasses at (Y/n).

"Oh, she's good." Barney commented with a chuckle. As he watched (Y/n) briefly walk around outside the large hotel. Allowing her short dress to billow in the cool breeze.

"We wanted her to get noticed, and boy is she gonna be noticed. If she hasn't got an invite by the end of the day, then Esposito doesn't have eyes." The big man continued. Laughing to himself, as Lee let out another huff.

"You wanted her to get noticed, I didn't. I didn't even want her brought into this. And I promise you that if Esposito puts even one finger on her. I'll.............."

"(Y/n) will be fine. Now come on. Let's find the others and get back. I doubt that (Y/n) hasn't been noticed by one of our host's men by now, but it wouldn't hurt to give her a little help. A conversation that is just loud enough to be heard. A conversation about a beautiful woman that has just arrived in town, and we should get to see her at Esposito's place." Barney interrupted, as he finished his drink and got to his feet. Lee giving (Y/n)'s disappearing form one last look, before following after his friend.