Forgive me - Part 5 - Church x Reader

Church pushed his way through the throng of tourists. Cursing under his breath, as a myriad of happy couples seemed to get in his way at every turn. All of them seeming to be conspiring against him. All of them seeming to want to stop him from getting to the hotel as quickly as he could.

Normally, he would have used a company jet. Normally, he would be able to circumvent all this bullshit. Normally he would have said that he doesn't negotiate with kidnappers. But this time, he knew that anything to do with the company may get (Y/n) killed. Any of the company's usual rhetoric, could get (Y/n) killed. Any hint of anything that shouldn't be, may result in him losing his girl, forever. And for once in his life, he wasn't willing to take that risk. He wasn't willing to lose the only woman that could see passed him being an asshole.

The flight to Hawaii had been packed, yet Church hadn't really noticed. His mind filled with thoughts of who the voice on the phone could have been. Who could want his head that much, that they were willing to pay for it? And who it could be, that would be willing to take on the job. He had to admit that there were too many candidates to remember. During his time with the agency, he had trodden on a lot of toes. At home and abroad. And those toes had belonged to some very bad guys. Dangerous guys. Killers. Yet he had realised that it didn't really matter who it was. Didn't matter who had taken (Y/n). What mattered was, he had to get her back. He had to get her home safe and sound. And if that meant losing his own life. Then so be it.

He had occasionally looked at the others around him. Wondering if any of his fellow passengers could be with the person that was holding (Y/n). Could have been the ones that he had been told would be watching him at every moment. Yet he had seen no signs of anything. Nothing that had given anyone away. And now as he made his way out into the sun of the beautiful island. The agent hailing a cab and jumping in, all he could hope for was that he hadn't stepped a foot wrong. That he hadn't spoken to anyone, that might make the kidnappers think that he had informed the agency of what he was doing. Church knowing that all he could do now was get to the hotel and try and get both (Y/n) and himself, out of this.

                                                        >>-----------------------------------<<

"Good afternoon, Sir. How can I help you?" A pleasant young woman, with a broad smile enquired, as she greeted Church from behind the reception desk.

"Yeah.......I.........I have a room booked under the name of Smith." Church replied, looking around the reception area, as the young woman typed the name into the computer.

"Ah, yes. Mister Smith. You are booked into the honeymoon suite." The girl informed him cheerily, as she passed him a key card. Church furrowing his brows at the idea that the kidnapper had booked the honeymoon suite. The agent not knowing whether this was some kind of sick joke, given that they had found the ring.

"It appears that Misses Smith already has her key. We hope you have a wonderful stay. And congratulations to the both of you." The girl continued, as Church picked up the card. A man coming over and taking the small case from his hand. Gesturing for the agent to follow him to the suite.

                                                          >>-----------------------------------<<

Church pulled out a few dollar notes from his pocket and handed them to the porter. The agent waiting for the man to disappear around the corner, before he pulled his gun from its holster and pressed his ear to the door. He could hear nothing. No, strike that. He could hear something, but what he was hearing didn't make sense. Not that any of this really made sense, but still.........What he could hear, was music. But not just any kind of music. It was the kind of music that he would put on after he and (Y/n) had just been out for a romantic evening. It was the kind of music that he would play when he wanted to pull her into his arms and dance her around the floor. Whispering sweet nothings into her ear, before he whisked her off to bed.

Slowly, he placed the card into the door lock. Cringing a little as the mechanism lit up, beeped and clicked. Church knowing that if he had had an element of surprise, then that was now long gone. Carefully, he turned the handle. The ingress creeping open to reveal a sumptuously furnished room. Its large bay doors across from him, were wide open showing the private pool and beach beyond. Showing two glasses sat on a table, and a fine bottle of champagne waiting in an ice bucket. The agent suddenly getting the strangest feeling that he had been duped. And duped by the only person that could make him fall for such a ludicrous thing. Church at that moment not sure whether he should kiss her or kill her, when he found her.

Quietly, he closed the door behind him, making his way to the bedroom. Church placing his gun back in its holster, as he saw the bed covered in red rose petals. A familiar black box and ring sitting proudly on the crisp white sheets. The agent taking a seat on the mattress and crossing his arms firmly across his chest.

"You can come out now, Misses Smith." Church called out, shaking his head. Now just happy that he didn't have to kill anyone. Or be killed himself. His eyes growing wide as (Y/n) appeared from outside the room. Her body covered in little more than enough to be respectable.

"Hi." (Y/n) replied nervously, as she stood in the doorway. Sure, that Church's head looked like it was about to explode.

"Look, before you shout and say that this was the dumbest idea ever. That you could have killed me or called in an airstrike on the hotel. That a seal team could now have the entire place locked down. You're right. It was dumb. But I wanted to make things up to you. I wanted to apologise for not believing you when you asked me to marry you. I wanted to show you that.......well, that I love you too. But to do that, I needed to get you away from home. Get you away from the damn company. I knew that if I had just asked you here, you would have had your phone on all the time, and as soon as they needed you, you would be gone. Sooooo, I came up with this, so that I could give you this." (Y/n) explained, as she walked over to Church and got down on one knee. Producing a small black velvet box within which sat a ring.

"Alex Church. Will you marry me?" (Y/n) asked, as she smiled up at him. The agent fighting back his own smile, as he took to ring from the box. His eyes falling on the inscription inside. 'One ring to rule my heart. One ring to hold it. Two rings to pull together, no one to part us.'

"Hmmmm. I don't know. Seems like a decision that I shouldn't take lightly. I mean spending the rest of my life with you.........."

"Alex!"

"On one condition........No, make that three conditions." Church finally smiled, as he picked up the box with (Y/n)'s ring in it.

"Anything. Name it."

"First, you marry me, and promise that you'll never take this ring off." The agent began, as he took the band from the box, and placed it on (Y/n)'s finger.

"Deal. Next?" (Y/n) chuckled, as Church helped her up and pulled her to his side.

"Second. Don't ever pull a dumb stunt like this again."

"Deal. I promise I won't. And third?"

"Third............Misses Smith." Church hummed, as he pushed her back on the bed and enclosed her between his arms.

"Scream out my name." Church growled in her ear. (Y/n) feeling like her body was going to melt at the demand.

"Deal." (Y/n) cooed in reply, as what few clothes she was wearing fell to the floor. The ex-Sargent knowing that no matter what he did, she would always forgive Church.