The package - Part 6 - Christmas x Reader

(Y/n) pushed her belongings into the small bag, before she took a seat on the bed and waited for her brother to arrive. She would be glad to see the back of the hospital. As nice as the staff had been, as much as she appreciated them for putting up with the guard dogs that had been placed outside her door for the entirety of her stay, she couldn't wait to get rid of the smell of weapons grade disinfectant out of her nostrils.

Not that she was looking forward to what was to come. Alex had been to see her on a number of occasions, and although he hadn't come right out and said that he was having her sent off to some backwater, or he had gotten her a job deep in the bowels of the George Bush Centre for Intelligence, at Langley; she had a feeling that it was only a matter of time.

She knew that he would do it only because he cared. No matter what other people might think of her older brother, she knew that Alex cared, he had always been there for her. Yet the thought of shuffling papers for the rest of her career, was not filling her with joy. Since she had joined the company, she had never had to sit behind a desk; she had always been out in the field, and although she had been in danger before, although she had been injured before, it had been nothing compared to this last time. Though that didn't mean that she didn't want to go back out there; that she didn't want to get straight back on the horse, but she knew Alex wouldn't have that. He had already told her that he couldn't lose her; that she was the only family that he had left. And even though that were true, she wasn't the little girl that he had raised after their parents had died, anymore. She was a grown woman; a woman that wanted to decide how her own life went. (Y/n) dropping her head, and letting out a heavy sigh, as she thought about trying to explain that to her hardheaded brother.

"You ready to go.............?" A voice asked. (Y/n) looking up and seeing Christmas rather than her brother. Her brows furrowing, as she looked passed him and saw that her suited bodyguards were no longer at the door.

After that first time, Christmas had done his doctor act on a few more occasions. The Englishman coming in and making sure that she was on the mend, telling her about himself and the rest of the team. About what they did and what she could do, if she liked the idea of being free of the company.

"What are you doing here.........? Where's the goon squad gone..........?"

"Don't worry about them. Got someone keeping them busy. Now, are you comin or not.............?" Christmas replied, as he grabbed her bag.

"Coming..........? Where are we going...............?"

"I'm takin you to meet the others again, now that you aren't gonna die on us. And maybe, we can all persuade you to come and see what we can do, as my charms don't seem to have worked on you............."

"And who said they haven't worked, Mister Christmas? But what about my brother, he'll be here any minute to pick me up............."

"Well, we better get goin then............." Lee simply replied, as he held out his arm for her to take. (Y/n) unable to stop herself smiling, as she got off the bed and let him lead her out of the room.

                                                     >>-----------------------------------<<

"A bar.............?" (Y/n) asked, as she pulled the helmet from her head.

"Yep. But not just any bar.......this is Rusty's. The Expendables second home.........." Christmas told her, as he took off his own helmet and climbed off the bike.

"Oh well, that makes all the difference." (Y/n) chuckled, handing her helmet to the Englishman, before she swung her leg over the seat.

"Not that I have a problem with a bar being your second home, I just thought we might be going to the hanger.............."

"Nope, we all thought that you could use a beer..........." Christmas replied, as he gestured for him to follow after him. Lee holding the door open and allowing her to enter. (Y/n) looking around the already busy establishment, until her eyes fell on a table surrounded by men.

                                                             >>------------------------------<<

Church was fuming. The idiots that were supposed to be watching his sister until he arrived to take her back to his home, had been drawn away by a nurse, and (Y/n) was nowhere to be seen. The men told that before the end of the day, they would be handing out parking fines, before Church had made his way back to his car. Despite not knowing where his sister was, he had a feeling who she might be with. She had spoken about them on more than one occasion when he had gone to check on her. Asked about them, what else they did apart from saving her; the agency man doing his best to change the subject, also changing the subject when she had spoken about getting back to work when she was released from the hospital. Church not wanting to tell her that there was a desk waiting for her, when she was deemed fit. Well aware that the information would go down about as well as being told that she had to stay in hospital. But what else could he do, he still felt guilty for what had happened to her, and he wasn't about to let that happen again. Nor was he about to lose her to a group of mercenaries. Church heading for the hanger, in hopes that he could find his sister, before anything could happen.

                                                        >>---------------------------------<<

"Well............?" Christmas asked, as he came back from the dartboard.

"I think that I am interested. Anything is better than being a desk jockey. The bigger question is if you guys really want me. I mean, you don't know what I can do, all you know is that I work for the company, and Alex is my brother............."

"Then show us.............I know I want to find out..............."Christmas interrupted, as he handed her the darts. (Y/n) musing for a moment, knowing that her brother wouldn't be happy about any of this. But what the hell...........

"You're on............." She finally replied, taking one of the darts and throwing it. The point landing in the middle of the bullseye.