Chapter 49

"YES!! FINALLY FREE", Soojung yelled and everyone around me took a shot including me, of course.

I pulled a face at the bitter taste of the strong alcohol burning in my throat. I hissed and shook my head vigorously.

It was Saturday evening and Jungkook had decided to throw a graduation party at his house which everyone welcomed happily because we were all in the mood for celebration.

Today there were more people than usually because almost the whole year was invited and many brought friends from other schools along.

But no one seemed to mind the crowded house since everyone was in a great mood and the more people with the will to party the better.

I felt like I finally really was free.

As I downed another shot it was almost like all the last residues of the sorrow and pain were washed away.

We were all sitting in a circle either on the couch or on the carpet on the floor. I was sitting at the right end of the couch and resting against the back of the couch.

After playing a few rounds of a card drinking game, everyone started chatting until Soojung wanted to make a toast.

I knew that I wasn't the only one who began to feel more and more tipsy as the slurred words became more frequent and the laughter louder.

Taehyung and Soo were all over each other and I had to turn away to not witness any naughty things.

"Having fun?", a deep voice sounded right next to my head brushing the fine hair behind my ear.

"What the...?", I said loudly with a pounding heart and turned to the side to Jungkook's grinning face, "have you lost your mind? You almost scared me to death!"

"I take that as a yes", he said laughing and walked around the couch to stand in front of me, "move up."

"Um, no. There's no space for you to sit here", I said shrugging, "sit on the floor, I'm not going to move."

He groaned rolling his eyes and bent forward to pick me up bridal style. He turned around with me in his arms despite my protest and sat back down with me on his lap.

"Rude", I mumbled glaring at him but he only chuckled.

"Did I ever tell you that I'm proud of you?", he asked into my ear so only I could hear it. His breath brushed against the skin on my neck and made chills run down my spine.

Why was he so close?

"No, you didn't", I said turning a little to the side to look at him and so he wouldn't be breathing down my neck anymore, "why would you be proud of me?"

"For being so strong and managing... all that", he said shrugging.

"You mean my life?", I asked laughing and he joined in.

"If you'd like to call it that, then yes, I'm proud of you managing your life", he said rubbing his left thumb gently on my hip.

I felt so safe in his embrace on his lap. It was a very nice feeling, I could get used to it.

"Thank you", I whispered trying not to blush.

"And I'm glad that you're not leaving", he added tightening his grip around my waist.

"Well, I couldn't leave you all by yourself", I said chuckling, "you're not able to live without me."

"That's so not true", he said poking my side making me jump because of the ticklish feeling.