Chapter 20

I looked awkwardly at him and put his hand down. What exactly did I think?

"Sor-", I was cut off by his mother appearing in the doorway.

"Are you two alright?", she asked sleepily.

I jumped and quickly took a step away from Jungkook. I knew she would be the last one to think that we were trying to do something but I was so embarrassed anyway.

"Yeah, mother. We're fine", Jungkook said softly.

"Aight, I go back to sleep then", she said yawning and plodded back to bed.

"Still want to watch something?", Jungkook asked me making the tense atmosphere disappear.

"Yes", I said ignoring the fact that it is already one in the morning.

We cuddled up on the couch and he put on any show that was on TV. My subconsciousness reminded me to stay away from him but I ignored the voice in the back of my head.

I laid my head down on his chest and felt myself drifting off to sleep.

Jungkook's POV

And again, she fell asleep on my chest. At least now she looked peaceful.

I heard a noise behind me and carefully turned around to not wake her up.

"I heard you two fighting earlier", my mother said standing in the doorway with a glass of water.

I nodded and didn't know what else to tell her. "I'll put her to bed. It was a rough night", I said gently scooping her up in my arms.

Before I left to go upstairs to my room, my mother held me back.

"I know you're doubting if you are good enough for her and if she'll ever see you the way you see her and..", she paused and thought for a while, "don't worry. Good things take time."

I smiled softly and pecked my mother's forehead, the girl I loved in my arms. "Good night", I said and left.

Y/N's POV

Headache. Headache.

Why?

I groaned and sat up. I really need to stop waking up with a hangover in his room, I thought rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. The sun shone through the window and a nice warmth crept up my skin.

I didn't want to put on my sticky clothes from yesterday so I simply took clothes from his wardrobe. He won't kill me because of that, probably. I secretly smelled on his hoodie and smiled a little.

I sighed and headed downstairs. I need to go home and prepare for school. I neglected school in the past few weeks because of all the ups and downs. It's time to focus again.

He was standing in the kitchen, his back facing me. I felt a little sting in my stomach when I thought about walking over to him and hug him from behind, leaving a small peck on his cheek.

Never gonna happen.

"Good morning", I said making him turn around.

"Good morning", he said softly, "how are your hands?"

"Okay, I guess", I said regarding the bandage on my hands, "I-"

"If you're going to apologise again, I'm going to kick you out", he said joking and sipped on his cup.

"That's okay because I wanted to go home anyway", I said chuckling.

"Why?", he said pouting like a small boy. I laughed at his whiny behaviour and wanted to ruffle his hair but I stopped myself.

"'Cuz I don't live here and I have chores to do", I explained collecting my stuff.

"Okay, then", he gave in, "I'll just come over this afternoon." I rolled my eyes and walked towards the door.

"You're not even able to spend one day without me", I said grabbing the door handle and waved at him, "see you then."

"Yes, I wouldn't last one day without you", he whispered but I had already left.

Back in my room I picked up a few clothes from the floor and put them neatly back into the wardrobe. My personal life really has affected my school life too much. I had to focus more on my studies.

I sighed and sat down to check my weekly planner for any work I needed to do. I had forgotten to write three assignments and prepare a presentation in all this mess. Looks like I was going to work for the next five hours.

I still had a headache but I decided I didn't have time for self-pity. The sun was already low when I finished my last assignment. I was quite exhausted but I thought it was a good idea to grab a few books from the library, which I needed for the research of my presentation tomorrow.

Jungkook was nowhere to be seen, so I put on my jacket and shoes and stepped outside into the warm evening air.

Fortunately, the library was nearby and only a ten minute walk away. I enjoyed the feeling of the soft wind playing with my hair and felt how I could relieve a bit stress.

I arrived at the library and greeted the woman behind the counter. I searched for the right aisle and collected two of the books I needed.

It took me a few minutes to find out where the third was, because it was out of my reach. I struggled and jumped to grab it but it was too high for me to get it.

I was about to give up when a tall figure appeared behind me and easily grabbed the book from the upper shelf.

I was too surprised to react immediately. It was silent for a few seconds and the only thing I heard was my shallow breathing. Afterwards I couldn't really tell what it was that put me off my stride. A sweet but manly scent wafted around me and I quickly looked up.

The guy handed me the book and smiled sexily.

"Here you go", I recognised the familiar voice, "you're welcome." I gasped and blinked a few times.

I knew I was standing there and acting like a complete idiot, but I couldn't believe my eyes. It seemed like he was a totally different person.

"Jimin?", I asked astonished.