• IDOL BOYFRIEND Seonghwa

Pairing: Seonghwa x Reader
Words: ~1.1k

April 3rd, Seonghwa's birthday.

Of course, I wouldn't forget my boyfriend's birthday. However, since he had a busy schedule promoting ATEEZ's new song, it wasn't easy to find time to see him. He had invited me to come to their comeback show on his birthday but what did I do? I told him that I won't be able to make it just in the morning of the show, on his birthday. I hadn't even congratulated him yet, but that was part of my plan.

Everyone knew about my surprise except for Seonghwa himself. Maybe I felt a little bad for lying to him about not coming, but I had to be evil that one time.

I finished running my errands just in time so that I could punctually arrive at the show. To Seonghwa not to see me, I didn't go to the seat he had assigned for me and bought myself a ticket on the other side of the room trying not to generate any suspicions. It was pretty inconvenient to have a bag, which carried Seonghwa's present, with me because of the constant fear that it might be crushed by the raging fangirls around me.

As they performed I focused mostly on Seonghwa but didn't notice any difference because of me 'not being there. I knew that he was probably sad and confused, still, he was professional on the stage. Shortly before their song ended, I made my way through the crowd to get backstage. I showed the staff my ID and got through easily. Rushing to their dressing room, I encountered many idols and greeted every single one of them by bowing politely, yet it was a rush. In their dressing room, I let myself fall onto a little sofa that was provided by the show hosts and sighed.

I impatiently waited for a few minutes until the first staff members of KQ came in, followed by Yunho and Mingi. My palms were sweaty because of my excitement to see him and fear of how his mood might be. Will he be sad? Happy? Angry?

The next one to enter the room was Hongjoong and right behind him was Seonghwa. My heart skipped a beat, excited to see him. Seonghwa seemed excavated and not in a good mood at all. Finally, he looked at me but his eyes didn't change their expression at all.

Ohh, he was mad.

Without even greeting me, he just sat down on the sofa right next to me and after drinking some water, Seonghwa went straight to his phone not even looking at me once. However, I was sure that he had seen the bag with my present standing next to my feet. I expected him to be angry, but him giving me the cold shoulder hurt me more than I had thought. I finally dared to open my mouth and said:

"You did great out there."

"Mh... thanks." He replied dryly.

"Not even a bit happy to see me? Did you really expect me to forget about your birthday?"

No response. I sighed and watched the staff taking care of the other members. A staff member wanted to care for Seonghwa as well, but he just told her that he didn't need any supplies right now. I rolled my eyes. Then Yeosang followed my Wooyoung and San were the last ones to arrive in the dressing room. As Wooyoung walked by he winked at me and loudly exclaimed as he stopped:

"He was whining about you not coming and not even congratulating him the whole morning. He was sooo annoying!"

"Shut it, Wooyoung." Seonghwa hissed.

"You can't say that I'm lying, though." The smaller boy giggled and quickly went back to San who was talking to Yunho in the background.

Seonghwa simply continued to ignore me until I finally had enough.

"So, you're not gonna talk to me?" I asked him. After a long pause, I gave up.

"Fine. Then I'll go to talk to San if you won't talk to your girlfriend."

I quickly got up and walked away. Before I could even take more than three steps, Seonghwa had gotten up and grabbed my wrist, pulling me closer to him. I quietly squeaked in surprise. He tightly embraced me, so that my head had no choice but to rest on his chest, and he rested his chin on my head. I gently pushed him away to get some air with his hands still on my back. His doe eyes searched for mine. His expression had changed completely; he definitely was no longer mad or probably had never been in the first place.

"I'm sorry for doubting you." He said while pouting. I just laughed it off and cupped his face with my hands.

"Shush. I know, I was being mean. Happy birthday." I gave him a small peck on the lips.

"Now, come," I said after we had separated again "I have something for you."

I grabbed his hand and went back to the sofa where I had left all of my stuff. Then I sat down again and patted the empty spot next to me, appealing to him to sit down. My hands disappeared in the bag and appeared again with a small box. His eyes got big as he saw the fancy jewellery box and a quiet "Woah" escaped his lips.

I handed him the box. Once he had opened it, his eyes got even bigger and he looked at me in amazement. The box had revealed a plain yet very fancy silver bracelet with an obviously high price.

"Y/n, you know that that's not necessary," Seonghwa said in awe.

"Put it on!" That was my only reply.

Seonghwa carefully got the bracelet out of the box and made me help him put it on for him. A little inconspicuous pendant with jewels was bouncing back and forth when he inspected it.

"Thank you so much!" He pulled me into a big hug.

"But the best part is..." I said while bringing out my matching necklace which I had hidden under my shirt the entire day. It had the exact same pendant as his. Seonghwa admired our jewellery for a few moments with sparkling eyes and then said quietly so that the members couldn't hear it:

"I love you."

He pulled me close once again and pressed his lips on mine. This kiss lasted a little while longer than the quick peck I had given him earlier, but it was interrupted by a certain Choi Jongho who was arriving just at that moment.

"Get a room, lovebirds." He said dryly.

We pulled away from each other and shyly smiled.

~

Hi!
I would have so much time to write atm, but I have like no ideas left, help. I'm currently working on a Mingi short story (finally) and then my brain will literally be empty oof.
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this short story about Seonghwa. :)