⋆ WEREWOLF Jongho

Pairing: Jongho x Reader

Words: ~2.2k

'Yeah, sure.' Jennie laughed. Yuta was telling us about magical creatures again, this time about werewolves. Wooyoung, Jennie and I were laughing it off, meanwhile, Jongho and Yuta didn't laugh. If looks could kill then I'd be probably dead because of Yuta.

'Do you believe in that stuff, Jongho?' Wooyoung asked him.

'You never know what lingers out there.' He coldly responded.

'Sure...' Then the school bell rang.

I lived in a little cabin near the woods, so after school, I walked through the forest because it was faster. I usually always took this route, even though I knew that there lived wolves in our forest. They're probably more scared of me than I am of them, so I didn't care. Besides, I've never seen one.

But today was different.

I heard wood cracking behind me and turned around only to see nothing. Probably a bird. But then I heard it again, this time way closer than before. I didn't turn around again. I just walked faster.

Suddenly, a big, no, huge brown wolf stood before me with fleshed teeth. His head was the same height as my chest. He slowly approached me while growling. My heart was racing.

My life is over.

Just as he wanted to jump at me, another wolf jumped in front of me, sheltering me. His fur was black and his eyes had an intense yellow. He was just as tall as the brown wolf. The wolf's eyes told me to run, so I didn't hesitate and ran home as far as I could. Just as I had turned around, earsplitting fight noises rang out behind me.

Sleeping wasn't an option this night. I tried to, but I couldn't. Never in my life, I've seen such huge wolves, that wasn't normal. I opened my window and looked out into the woods. Out of nowhere, yellow eyes flashed which made me flinch. But instead of closing my window and going back inside, I said:

'I can see you.'

The bushed split and the black wolf came to my window. He felt strangely familiar, so I wasn't afraid of him. His paws were probably as big as my hands and his head was huge. The wolf's fur was full of dirt but still, it seemed fluffy and soft. I slowly raised my hand towards his head.

'Can I?' I didn't even know if he could understand me but still, I talked to him.

Apparently, he did understand me because, in the next second, he pressed his cheek against my hand. I was petting his soft fur for some minutes until he took a step back. The mysterious wolf then licked over my hand and ran back into the black woods, just like that.

During the next few days, I school, Yuta and Jongho got into several little fights which kind of split Yuta off our friend group. Jongho has been very protective over me up until that point where I told him to mind his own business for once.

'We gotta meet up sometime again.' He said.

'Yeah, sure.'

'How about I'll walk you home?'

'Don't you have to go in the exact opposite direction? I'll be fine.'

He was annoying me for days.

While I was doing my homework, I saw the wolf lingering outside of my window, so I opened it again.

'Good to see you again.' I greeted him and he barked.

His tail was wagging and he kept barking.

'Want me to come outside?'

He barked again.

'Aight.'