• MERMAN Yeosang

Pairing: Yeosang x Reader
Words: ~2k

The sky was alarmingly dark while strong winds were sweeping away everything in their way. My little beach house suddenly didn't feel so safe anymore, it felt like it was about to take off with the wind. The usual so soothing sound of tiny waves hitting the shore had turned into loud slams with the sound of thunder in the background. As it was heavily raining against the windows of my cabin, the waves were triple the size of what they usually were, almost reaching all the way up to my terrace.

Sighing deeply, I closed every window and door and laid down on my bed. There was no way I could do anything other than lay around and read a novel during that weather. Hours later, the storm had calmed down for some minutes and the first warm sun rays of the setting sun broke through the thick cloudy sky.

After getting up and letting some fresh air into the small house, I noticed that something was off. Looking out of the glass door in the living room, I spotted a man laying in the sand almost directly in front of my home. There was no way for a person to already be out there after such a raging downpour that was threatening to come back any minute.

The person must be injured, let alone be unconscious. As I opened the door and stormed outside, my blood froze.

Taking a closer look, I saw a huge night-blue tail connected to the man's upper body where normally legs should be. It was curved at the end with small light blue tips like ribbons trailing behind. The colours were so intense, that it looked like it was made out of millions of dazzling emeralds. I was freaking out internally, but I didn't want to wake him. The person wasn't a simple human being, he was a mermaid or more specifically a merman. I hesitated for a second. Should I really bring a merman into my house? What if he's dangerous? Yet, my heart told me to go on and help that vulnerable creature.

When I stepped closer, I could finally inspect the male's face better. His pastel pink hair was still dripping wet and messily hanging in his face. I couldn't tell whether he was truly unconscious, but his eyes were tightly shut and his mouth slightly curled down. His sharp jawline was accented by his jaw muscles being tensed in pain while his toned upper body was completely exposed.

He was wounded on his stomach, it was still slightly bleeding. Then my eyes wandered down to his beautiful shimmering tail where the true threat laid; a gaping wound which made the merman lose plenty of blood.

For a moment I thought he was dead, but then I saw his chest rise and lower again. He was breathing! There was no way I could just let him lay there. In the distance, I heard thunder coming near followed by heavy clouds.

Grabbing a big blanket from inside, I ran back out to gently push him on it. It should help me to get him inside. Let alone his tail probably weighed more than my body as a whole. Minutes after using all of my strength and breath, I had managed to get him inside my house and close the door by a mixture of dragging and carrying him.

"What am I supposed to do with him now?" I thought out loud. What was I supposed to do? Did he need water to survive? I couldn't possibly place him in my bathtub or set my whole cabin underwater.

Hectically, I drowned two towels and laid one out on the sofa for him, that poor leather sofa. I looked for the biggest bucket I could find and filled it up with water in case we needed it. As I had managed to get him on the sofa, I put the towel on him to keep the uninjured parts of his tail wet. I put temporary bandages on both of his wounds to stop the bleeding as much as possible.

This had been probably the most exercise I had gotten in months. Sinking down next to the sofa to keep a watch on him, I felt tired and the fact that it had gotten dark outside didn't help me to keep my eyes open. Yet, I tried not to invade his privacy and didn't rest my arms on the sofa. I was simply sitting there and taking in his beauty which wasn't comparable to anything else I had ever seen with my human eyes.