• SYMPHONY || Seonghwa

Pairing: Seonghwa x Reader
Words: ~1.3k

This story is based on the German song Symphonie by Silbermond.
~

My keys were jangling against the lock when I unlocked the door to my home. Throwing my bag into the corner of the hallway, I yelled in a good mood,

"I'm home!" but got no response.

I heard the TV in the living room from the kitchen, so Seonghwa was at home. We had planned to cook dinner together like we used to do every week at least once, which was why I was so shocked to see an empty pizza box laying on the kitchen counter.

"Didn't we want to cook together?" I asked.

"Sorry" I finally received an answer from the other room "I forgot about it."

I sighed as my stomach growled and threw the deserted box into the trashcan. Now I didn't even have something to eat since I didn't want to cook all for myself and Seonghwa had only ordered for himself. My feet were heavy as I entered the dark living room, only to let myself fall next to him on the sofa, snuggling up close to him.

Seonghwa didn't seem to care that I was staring at him, his brown eyes only watched the flickering lights of our TV move. Looking at him I realised that it had been like that for some weeks now. He didn't look at me like he used to do and it was truly bothering me when I first noticed it, however, now I seemed to care less. I felt empty when we were together, yet I was aching for his love.

Every ordinary couple would have talked about it by now because "communication is key", right? However, our vanity and pride stood in our way, so we never talked it out.

I still took the chance to snuggle up even closer to him, almost laying on his chest. To my surprise, he even put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me in without ever leaving the TV out of sight. Usually, my heart would be making backflips right in those very moments, but now I didn't feel good while laying in his arms anymore. Our hearts had stopped beating in sync ages ago.

"I'll head to bed already. Work was a lot today." I said, making up a lie to get out of this uncomfortable atmosphere.

"Okay. Good night." Seonghwa's responses were short, with no further questions asked. As soon as I had gotten up, he pulled out his phone.

Laying in bed I was staring at my ceiling for at least an hour, not even trying to fall asleep. Secretly, I was hoping for Seonghwa to join me in bed but was disappointed when he never came.

My mind was racing, I was imagining fake scenarios about how Seonghwa would cheat on me. I never had thought about him possibly cheating on me and that being the reason for the emotionlessness in our relationship, but when I was thinking about it, it wasn't unthinkable.

I imagined him going for a walk in a park with another girl after cancelling our plans once again, saying that he was stuck at work. Hiding behind a tree, I saw how he pulled her closer and pressed his lips on hers. After that, they ran off like children, playfully laughing, just being happy. They were sharing happy moments just like the two of us did at the beginning of our once happy relationship.

I felt numb.

Shouldn't I be hurt? Jealous? Let alone be angry? But I felt nothing.

Heavily sighing and turned around to face the grey wall next to me. I needed to get those thoughts off my mind.

-•-

The next morning I opened my eyes to the sun rays gleaming in my face. However, when I turned around and expected Seonghwa to be laying next to me, I was disappointed again. He was gone or perhaps he had never laid beside me in the first place. The blanket was still neatly folded next to me with not a single crease in it. Even when I had gotten up and entered the living room, he was nowhere to be seen. Seonghwa must have gone to work already or at least that's how I tried to satisfy my nerves.

I spent the whole day at home, alone, since I had a day off. Seonghwa didn't even care to text me once. The sun had disappeared behind ominous clouds a long time ago when it started to pour. Ironically, the weather matched my mood pretty well.

Out of nowhere, I got a notification on my phone; it was Seonghwa.

>>Could you bring me my keys and my wallet downstairs? I forgot them earlier.

What do you need them for? I'm home! It's pouring outside!<<

>>That's why I need you to hurry.

Why did he even need his keys and wallet? Was he going out? I didn't ask any further questions though, just put on some shoes and hurried downstairs to give him his pair of keys and his wallet. Of course, I hadn't thought about a jacket nor an umbrella and stormed outside in my sweats.

I hadn't even been outside for a minute and was already completely soaked. Seonghwa was standing on the street, waiting for me. Due to the heavy fog, I could barely see his tall figure from afar.

As I was standing behind him, I tapped on his shoulder which made him turn around. The first thing I noticed was that his greyish hair was barely wet underneath his jacket. In front of him, I was standing completely soaked with water dripping from my hair. Finally, I wordlessly handed him his keys.

"Are you going out tonight?" I asked after a while.

"Yeah, I'll also sleepover at a friend's." He replied and I gulped.

"How long will you stay, though?" After a short thinking pause, he muttered,

"I don't know."

His words dumbfounded me in the first second, so I just nodded. Would he ever come back? I didn't think so, perhaps this was more than goodbye because of him sleeping out; maybe this was a farewell. However, at least he was being honest.

"Okay, have fun then." I finally sighed.

Before he turned around to walk off into the fog, he had patted my shoulder and put on a small smile as a goodbye. No kisses, I wasn't even worth a hug for him anymore.

My heart sank one last time while I was watching his figure fade in the dim street lights. Maybe the time had come to finally move on.

The time we had spent together all those years and months was irreplaceable and unique. But all good things must come to an end, right? It was impossible to miss that both of us had started to fall out of love a long time ago.

It is strange how we describe the beginning of love as falling when in fact, it is the very end that is the fall. Love raises you up, perhaps higher than anything else possible. But the higher you go, the greater is the fall you experience when it's all over.

_

Hi, long time no author's note!
Just wanted to remind y'all that Wattpad is not my main platform, I only write if I truly have inspiration and ideas to do so, so there might be times where I don't update new stories at all (especially during school).
Also, I wanted to say there probably won't be any second parts for any story here, simply because I love to leave cliffhangers in my stories plus I mostly don't have any ideas for another part. :)