• ENEMY San

Pairing: San x fem Reader
Words: ~1.5k

"San, may I ask you for your opinion on the two main characters' relationship in our novel?" Mr Park asked.

San, a usual loud, yet good student sat up straight and cleared his throat. He had been caught off guard while staring at someone certain in front of him, opening his book just now.

"Yes, sure" he replied "I believe that the girl's trust issues are unfounded. He has demonstrated his love for her in many situations in a short amount of time, so I think she should finally trust him. Indeed, she surely has no good experiences because of her ex cheating on her twice. However, not all men are the same."

"That's bullshit." y/n exclaimed right after turning around to face San. Then the girl quickly looked to her teacher, who was about to speak up to warn her about her use of language.

"I"m sorry for my verbiage." Then she furiously glanced at the black with one strand of hair white-haired boy.

"Look. It may be that not all men are cheating fools, but take this as an example: If I was to poison one out of ten glasses of water, you surely wouldn't dare to drink just one of them. Her trust issues won't just go away with the snap of a finger, she needs time for learning how to trust again. But no, boys of course never see that."

The whole class had been silent ever since y/n interrupted San and even he was fairly surprised by her comeback. San's sharp jaw muscles tightened. Their teacher had a small smile on his face while watching their heated discussion which carried on when San replied likewise snippy.

What they didn't know was that San and y/n not only were enemies in school but mostly on the ice. Both of them had been figure skating ever since they had started to walk. From day one they had that rivalry between each other, the obsession to be better than the other one. It had always been between those two. Yet, a certain attraction to one another helped to keep that fierce rivalry alive.

In the middle of the discussion, which was getting more intense and personal minute by minute, the school bell rang. "That's what good literature does to people" Mr Park swarmed as the students instantly got up to leave the classroom.

"See you at practice later" San directly whispered into her ear with a smile as she was still packing up her things. It sent shivers down the girl's spine and she hated herself for it. Why couldn't she just punch him into his pretty face only once?

-•-

Y/n hurried to the ice rink, hoping San wouldn't already be there. When she set foot on the ice, she had to realise that San was already in the middle of practising his free skate. In awe, she watched him master the Triple Axel she tried so hard to perfect herself with an excellent landing. On top of that, he added a Salchow right after as well. Biting the inside of her cheeks in anxiety, she started to warm up.

"I thought you'd never come. Coach Brian already missed you" San had interrupted his practice to greet her "I'll be leaving soon, don't worry."

"Don't you think you could use some time to practise a bit more?" The girl teased and he just laughed. Perhaps he knew that she was envious of him.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You heard me."

With that, y/n took off and started going through her own free skate. Nothing seemed to work out that day, so she ended up being so frustrated and embarrassed by her opponent that she decided to not further embarrass herself in front of him. She would come back at night when nobody was watching her. It sometimes was pretty handy to own a key to the ice hall and lucky for her, he didn't notice that she had given up minutes after him.