• IDOL Yunho

Pairing: Yunho x Reader
Words: ~1.1k

After an exhausting day at work, I had decided to go to the supermarket to shop for one of my comfort snacks; potato chips. Work was washing me out recently, especially since my boss was the one who made my life hard. Sitting in the bus with my headphones in, I saw the busy people hurrying over the streets under colourful banners that embellished the tall buildings. A specific banner caught my eye; a banner of my favourite K-POP group ATEEZ. I smiled to myself as I felt proud of how much they had achieved in their career within a few years.

Minutes later I got off the bus and walked to the store near my flat. Strolling through the aisles of the supermarket, I kept an eye out for my beloved potato chips. When I entered another aisle, a tall man stood right next to the chip section. I didn't dare to go near him at first because he looked rather threatening to me; his face was almost completely covered by his hat that cast a shadow on his eyes in addition to a black mask. Was I being paranoid? People creep me out sometimes.

"You're not gonna let this creep steal your last bit of joy for today, will you!" I whispered to myself, determined.

My steps were small and silent, yet I tried to seem confident and not look suspicious once I stood right beside the mysterious male. I didn't know whether he had seen me or not, but he hadn't moved nor looked at me. I planned to quickly grab the bag of chips and then get out of the market as soon as possible. However, then I saw that there was only one bag left. Determined, I stretched out my arm to reach it but my fingers only grabbed air.

My eyes wandered to the man next to me who was now in possession of the chips. For the first time, I was able to catch a glimpse of his face, his brown eyes just as wide as mine. Where did I know this face from?

"Sorry," the man stated with a smile expressed by his exposed eyes "here, take it. I'll take something else."

Once I heard his voice, I knew who was in front of me. Tall, trying to not be recognised... in front of me was no other than the member of ATEEZ called,

"Jeong Yun-" the remaining part of his name got muffled as he put his hand on my mouth with an "Shhh" sound.

"I'm sorry! I'm just... kind of a fan as you might have noticed." I apologised with a sheepish giggle after he had looked around and made sure that no one had heard me. Really, those were the first words I chose to tell him?

"Don't worry about it. Nobody heard you anyway, I think." Yunho smiled again "Here, take those." The singer offered the potato chips to me again.

"No, no, it's fine, really. You take them."

"I insist."

"No, I insist," I responded and grinned.

"I see how you tick, I like that. However, I have an idea. Do you have some minutes?" He symbolised to follow him as he walked towards the cashier, so I simply did as he wanted.

The tall man paid for the bag before I could protest again. We quickly left the store and stood on a side road, so nobody would catch us.

"Would you be okay if we shared that bag? Maybe in a park? Then we both would have a part of our favourite chips."

"Uh- Yes, of course! I'd love to."

We walked into the nearest park together. There, we sat down on a bench in a quiet corner. I cleared my throat and spoke up,

"Sooo, how much do I owe you?"

Yunho looked at me to see whether I was being serious or not and then chuckled as he opened the bag and appealed to me to grab some chips. Afterwards, he took a handful as well. What was I even doing here? Apart from him being an idol, I didn't know anything about him as a person. He was basically a stranger to me and I was a stranger to him.

"Actually, it's my comfort food. I had a rough day at work today. My boss is killing me again." I started a conversation.

"Yikes, I know what you're talking about..."

We continued talking for a while, so we didn't even notice how much time had already passed. Yunho was a truly interesting person and I enjoyed his company over much.

"Feels nice to sit here like a normal human being for once." He stretched his limbs.

"Huh?" I mumbled with my mouth full.

"Other people would freak out so much that paparazzi would spot me. If they spotted me right now with you here, I'd probably get into a dating scandal, which would perhaps mean the end of my career." he explained "Plus, I'm usually not even allowed to just buy snacks like those. We'll have a comeback soon, so we're all supposed to be dieting."

"I've never realised how tough idol life can be. Even the smallest things are being monitored like crazy."

"That's why I'm asking you to keep this right here a secret. A little secret just between you and me."

I chuckled, "Yes, of course."

"So, Miss Chips, what's your name? I assume you know mine already." Miss Chips, so I got a nickname already, huh?

"It's y/n."

"Nice to meet you, y/n."

Suddenly, his phone rang. It said "MANAGER" on the screen as he accepted the call after a sigh. I couldn't hear what the man on the other end of the line said, but I knew that my new-won friend would have to leave me now. I used the time to write my number on a small piece of paper.

"I'm sorry." the black-haired man said as he had hung up.

"It's alright! I had a nice talk with you, it's just what I needed today."

He got up, but I held him back from leaving by slightly grabbing his arm. Then I pressed the little note with my number on it in his hands. Yunho glanced at it and gave me a heart-warming smile.

"In case you need somebody to listen again," I explained.

"Thank you, y/n."

~

Why does this story only sound like he's gonna kidnap her or something ahhhh ㅠㅠ