• ASSASSIN Yeosang

Pairing: Yeosang x fem Reader
Words: ~1.3k

!! Mention of blood/gore !!

"The castle is under attack!" A guard yelled entering the throne room. The heads flew in his direction as the guards, who were standing next to the Princesses throne, straightened out their tired backs. The disturbed girl looked at the securities unknowingly what was arising.

"Protect the Princess!" Another one who had followed the first guard into the room spoke up next to him.

In the same moment, Yeosang, who was Princess  y/n's right-hand man and secret love affair on top, hectically burst into the room. His dark brown robe had almost the same colour as his soft brown hair which was parted in the middle. The dagger, which the Princess herself had given to him, was secured and fixed in his leather belt. Yeosang had been carrying it with him ever since she had gifted it to him. It was his treasure. His golden eyes quickly searched for hers and he rushed towards y/n.

"Are you okay?" He asked worriedly with a soft voice.

Meanwhile, she had already gotten up from her throne and walked towards him. They grabbed each other's hands as she replied,

"I'm fine, but-"

"Keep on walking! We need to get you out of here, Your Highness." The princess was interrupted by one of her two personal guards.

With that, Yeosang had turned around and followed them to her chamber, which was probably the safest place in the castle. Or at least so the guards believed. Passing a dozen paintings picturing her ancestors in the golden ornamented hallways, the young princess asked,

"What is happening?"

"A big group of bandits is trying to get into the castle. Apparently, their goal is to directly get through to you. The guards are doing their best, but I'm afraid that they won't be able to withstand them for too long. " Yeosang firmly answered.

"How did they get so far? And how come that we didn't know about it nor suspected it?"

"I don't know. But what I know is that we need to get you up to your chamber as fast as possible."

Arriving in her chamber, the guards placed themselves in her room right next to the door while y/n was sitting on her bed and Yeosang was standing next to her. The only sound heard was the screams of the men fighting outside and their blades meeting each other every single moment.

"I think," the brown-haired boy said to the guards "We can allow you to leave now."

The guards looked at each other, asking themselves whether they should take orders from Yeosang or not. Princess y/n didn't answer, she could only look out the window in sorrow with a heavy heart.

"We'll be fine on our own in here. One of you can wait outside the door and the other one can go down into the courtyard to support the remaining defences. They need every single hand they can get right now."

"Your Highness?" The taller guard asked for her consent.

"We'll be fine." She muttered, so the guards did as they were told and left after bowing, closing the door behind them.

Yeosang sighed as he stepped closer to his Princess. Y/n finally stood up and walked to her window, getting some distance from the male. From there she could see the guards not only fighting to protect her and the castle but also to save their own life. Salty tears were starting to fill her eyes seeing how her people were suffering.

"I feel so powerless, Yeosang. Shouldn't I be down there to fight with them?"

"It's going to be alright, y/n. They're doing this because you're the Princess, the sister of the king. They love you, they worship you and they do this probably more than for your brother. Without you there's no them."

His words didn't reassure her a bit, she only continued to watch her guards struggle for the castle's sake in heartache. Her lover realised that and slowly took a step closer. As she spoke up again, he froze.

"Why would they attack right at this moment? How would they know that my brother is currently gone and we're more vulnerable as ever?" She paused for a second as realisation hit her. Somehow, however, she didn't want to speak it out loud at first.

"What if we have a traitor in our castle? That would perfectly explain how they got all of the necessary information to attack." She sighed, "The saddest part about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies."

Yeosang was now standing right beside her because with every breath she had taken, he had taken a small step forward. His heartbeat skipped a beat as Princess y/n turned her head to meet his eyes. He saw how close she was to breaking down, how her beautiful eyes were all watery and reflected his own image in them, so he had to break their direct eye contact immediately after.

"I'm going to die tonight, aren't I?" To his surprise, her voice was firm.

Y/n never stopped observing him when he turned his whole body towards her and cupped her cheeks with his big hands. The girl grabbed his hands with hers, she never wanted him to let go ever again. Pulling her head closer, Yeosang gave y/n a small kiss on her forehead. Afterwards, they wrapped their arms around each other, which seemed to finally calm the Princesses nerves.

"Y/n, I-" He mumbled but was interrupted.

"I love you, Kang Yeosang. I always will, even after death. Please know that."

The male gulped and dug his head into her neck to take in her scent. He slowly caressed her back with his left hand, holding her tighter as ever. Thinking that the girl wouldn't notice, he searched for the precious dagger in his belt with his right hand and fate took its course.

"I'm so sorry, y/n. I love you too." Yeosang's voice gave up on him.

Before he could think twice, he had stabbed the side of her rib cage.

Feeling how warm blood was dripping from his hands, he also felt how her energy slowly left her body. Her beautiful white dress was getting soaked in intense red blood, spreading like hellfire. Pulling back, he took a look at her. Tears were streaming down his face as he saw her beautiful tear-wet, yet pained face. However, a small knowing smile crept up her face when she weakly said,

"I knew it." After gasping for air, she continued, "Mark my words, my love."

Under bitter tears and blurry vision, he pulled out the dagger with trembling hands causing her to bleed all the more. As her final breath left her mouth, her lifeless body gracefully sunk onto the ground. Yeosang had fulfilled his mission and it had cost him everything. A loud miserable cry cut the air. He had betrayed not only the love of his life but also himself.

He immediately wanted to go back in time as guilt over-swept him. Realising that he had no power of turning back the time, warm tears wouldn't stop escaping his eyes. Drowning in grief and despair, he wanted to experience the same death as she had to experience. Looking at the fallen Princesses body one last time, the burden had overcome him.

Little did the Princess know that seconds after she had passed away from the crucial loss of blood, the traitor had used that very same blade for ending his own life, piercing through the skin right where his heart was, believing you could only die once but suffer forever.