⋆ DEMON San

Pairing: San x Reader

Words: ~1.2k

I should head back, it's getting dark. I was taking a walk in the woods like every evening. I've been living here with my adoptive parents ever since I could remember, so I was really familiar with my surroundings and that is why I was so surprised when I suddenly caught sight of a little underground cave on my way home. I've never seen it before, it appeared like magic.

Of course, as curious as I was, I decided to explore it. Not late after that, I got lost in it. Great, y/n. Just what you needed. Why are you always so stubborn? The cave was like a huge maze. Above that, I couldn't see anything because of how dark it was and my phone was at home.

After some time wandering around I saw a little light, so full of hope I decided to follow it, thinking, it would be my way out. Instead, I found a kind of prison cell, which was opened but inside of it was a chained man. Both of his arms were chained onto the wall, his waist was chained as well. His clothes were ripped and dusty. The man's head was facing the ground, leaving me to think whether he was alive or not. However, the most noticeable thing was that he had huge black wings coming out of his back. He looked like an angel but at the same time, he didn't.

Normally, I would have ran away, but something was drawing me towards him. Additionally, I saw that he was still breathing so I had to save him somehow. I silently approached him, accidentally kicking a small rock while walking which made him raise his head. His red eyes, which were partly covered by his black wavy hair, were straight-up staring into my soul, leaving me frozen for some moments.

'A-are you okay?' I spoke up.

'He finally decided to send you to me.' His raspy voice answered.

'What?'

'It is you, isn't it? Y/n?'

'How'd you know my name?' I hesitantly took a step back.

'No, no, please. Come closer.' He begged me.

I listened to him and was now sitting in front of him. He deeply inspected me and then sighed.

'You really don't remember, do you?'

'I- no. Am I supposed to?' I was confused and he just smirked.  He was one of the most attractive creatures I have ever seen. His black wavy hair almost fell on his sharp jawline. His black eyebrows were relaxed, making me spot his eyebrow cut. Overall, his face seemed scarred just like he had fought a thousand battles.

'What are you?' I asked.

'What do I look like?'

'Are you an angel?' He just snorted and looked at his wings.

'I once was, yeah. Then he decided to take everything from me.'

'He?'

'God.'

'Oh.'

I scanned the situation. Both his hands were chained and tied onto the wall. His wings were uncomfortably folded behind him. His wrists were red because of the chains and his dangerous red eyes were full of despair. Judging by his condition he must have been here for a long time.

'How long have you been here for?'

'Mh...231 years, 84.319 days, 2.023.563 hours, 121.413.636 minutes. That's why I would be really grateful if you freed me.'
I tilted my head.

'Don't look at me like that. That's the only thing I could do while being trapped here; counting the seconds.'

I began to look for something to open the chains but couldn't find something such as a key.

'You don't need a key.'

'What?'

'Just open them. He said when the right person comes, I will be free.'

I got up and tried to find something like a lock on the chains but couldn't, so just as I touched the chains to forcefully open them, they disappeared. The man fell with a huge sigh into a much more comfortable position. I kneeled down before him again.

'Thank you.'

I let him come to his senses for some more minutes then I spoke up.

'What is your name anyway?'

'That doesn't concern you. Tell me, why aren't you afraid of me, y/n?'

We stared into each other's eyes. They weren't full of despair anymore, he almost looked at me in a tender, loving way. He was somehow familiar.

'I don't know.' I shrugged. But I wasn't lying.

The black-haired man slowly unfolded his winds and stretched his whole body. In the same moment, little rocks fell down from the cave ceiling right above us, followed by bigger and bigger ones.

'Shoot!' He yapped out. The cave began to quake. A huge rock threatened to fall right onto me at any second. I was frozen.

'Move!' He yelled.

I couldn't. Moments later, I had closed my eyes as he wrapped his arms around me and pushed us both out of the cell. The loud rumbling of the falling rocks drowned out my scream. Then it was all silent again.

Opening my eyes, I saw him towering over me. His wings were sheltering both of us from the rocks and dust.

'Are you alright?'

'Y-yeah. Thank you.'

I couldn't move. His face was inches away from mine, so I could feel his breath on my lips and he didn't seem to want to move.

'Maybe that'll make you remember me.'

Before I could react in any way possible, he presses his warm lips on mine. We consumed each other and we both seemed to enjoy it. It felt like coming home, a weird yet beautiful feeling. At the same moment, I had something like a vision.

I saw him and me happily dancing in the clouds. Both of us dressed fully in white with white wings. It looked heavenly, literally. Was I an angel? I looked at my wings. Then the vision changed to both of us standing next to each other in tears. In front of us, I saw a huge light and a silhouette of a person but I couldn't see clearly. God. The other angel, who was the man I had just freed, looked on the ground and so did I. Suddenly, he looked up and I also looked at him. He started to transform into what he was today and my ear-raping scream followed. At the same time, he looked at me and screamed my name as well. Everything was muffled. The floor beneath my feet disappeared and I fell. That was all I saw.

I was back in reality because we had stopped kissing and his familiar face moved a bit away from mine, his mouth still opened a bit. A flood of memories overcame me all at once.

My hands wandered to his jawline, gently caressing his cheek as I was trembling by the hit of sudden realization. My vision got blurry by the tears which were forming in my eyes.

'San?' I said.

He smirked.