7. bold and strict

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Seohyun's POV

My eyes opened meeting the white ceiling as I tried adjusting to the bright light. I was so clueless for a minute not being able to see anything. Breathing slowly I looked around the pale room only to see the familiar sight once again and closed my eyes knowing what happened. I once again fainted.

Sighing in frustration I scoffed at my unbearable behavior and covered my eyes trying to get myself to feel better. But I was obviously not doing great at it. The room was empty as I sat up straight wanting to leave the hospital. The door opened revealing Jungwon with a basket of fruits in his hand.

"Noona you're awake!" He said as I rolled my eyes looking away at the window. I saw my reflection on the window. So dry and pale. My hair stuck to my head as it remained smooth without too many knots. The scene itself was funny to me. So helpless sometimes. "The doctor's here." Yang Jungwon who called the doctor led him in the room to check up on me.

"She's fine now but still a bit weak." And the man left as I clicked my tongue. "When did you find me?" Obviously still unknown about everything I thought Jungwon later found me in my house all unconscious. But to my shock the guy shook his head. "It wasn't me." I furrowed my eyebrows at his reply as he nodded his head. "It was Lee Heeseung. You fainted in front of him."

I bit the inside of my tongue finally recovering my memory. Ahh it is embarrassing. Shutting my eyes tightly I hung my head low as the door to the room opened again. "Oh you're awake." The familiar voice said as I didn't find it important to look up to see the man. I owe him a thank you now.

Getting up from the hospital bed I weakly walked out of the room as none of the guys stopped me. Slightly limping my way to the lift I decided to get some fresh air.

It was around 6pm, after sunset. The sky still wasn't dark. I walked to the rooftop as the cold air hit my face. It rained. I smelt the heavy smell of earth as my mind finally came to peace. Honestly no. I was pretty overwhelmed. The weather made me feel worse. I leaned against the end of the rooftop resting my hand on the concrete before looking at the blue sky. So quiet. If only I could run away and live somewhere this quiet.

I chuckled not being able to process my own thoughts. This reality is supposed to be the life I always wanted. But it just didn't feel like I was happy. Visiting the hospital every now and then has become a routine at this rate. If only I could take care of myself.

I came out of my thoughts as I heard a small purring noise. Looking to my side I saw a small kitten struggling to get outside the cardboard box. Staring at it for a couple minutes I finally decided to help it. It's better to just help someone than just see them suffering. Pushing the box I held the kitten on my lap crouching down as I caressed it slightly.

Heeseung's POV

I stared at the girl who played with the kitten as a soft smile appeared on my face. Her face just radiated sadness at the moment. I didn't know what she was going through right now but I know it must be pretty hard for her. Walking forward to the two beings I crouched down to their level and caressed the kitten getting Kim Seohyun's attention. She stared at me with an emotionless face as I did the same until we realised we were just staring into each other's soul.

Clearing her voice she stood up putting the little animal aside before looking back at me. "Thank you I guess." I knew she forced it out. It didn't mean anything to her. She knew Jungwon would just find her later on even if I didn't do anything. "You're welcome." I said out thinking this was my opportunity to be friends with her but the girl just nodded and walked by, leaving the place.

-

The girl frustratedly woke up or should I say she didn't even sleep after she got her phone in her hand. Somehow she worked the whole night through that small device and it was starting to get pretty annoying right now. "Yes Mrs. So finish the file by today I'll get to it soon." She finished her phone call as I approached her. "You need to have breakfast." I told her as she ignored me getting back to phone calling someone else. But cut the call midway.

"I can't work this way. I need to get to the office." She was on the verge of getting up, to go to her workplace but I stopped her. Pushing her back on the hospital bed I sat by her perplexed self as she just glared at me. "What are you doing?" Seohyun said as I opened the fruit salad Jungwon bought. Holding a spoonful of it I gestured the CEO to have it. "Eat it."

"Don't order me." Her cold voice spat out as I ignored it looking down at the fruit bowl. "It's your breakfast." She scoffed pushing the bowl away before annoyingly saying out, "Where is Jungwon?"

"You don't like mangoes?" Once again I ignored her like she was ignoring me. She unbelievably stared at me not understanding my bold behaviors. "Mr. Lee stop testing my patience." The young CEO gritted her teeth causing me to have the sudden urge to scold her.

"Kim Seohyun shut up."

"Excuse me-" As she opened her mouth to say I took the opportunity to put the spoon of food inside it as her eyes widened. She forcefully ate it as I chuckled. "It makes you feel good right? Keep eating. Stop talking about work." Trying to convince her I put the bowl on her hands hoping she'd eat it by herself. "You won't know the pressure a CEO has until you actually become one."

"You're supposed to inspire me to be a good CEO, not scare me off."

"I'm just telling you the truth instead of making you get excited over a horrible job." She smirked getting her phone about to call someone again but I snatched it away from her hand shocking the angry miss. "Stop getting out of your limits." Her voice scared the shit out of me but I just gulped it in and kept my strict self out as well.

"Do I care? No work until you get discharged."

| | • • • • • | |

Someone motivate me to write this book oml 😭