39. ruined first impression

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

"Yes Mrs. Hwang?" The unknown lady took the call as she stared outside the windows as the car drove towards her house. She smirked knowing why the caller had called her. "Mrs. Lee you're back in Korea!" The fake enthusiasm in the caller's voice disgusted the lady but she felt satisfied at the same time. It's the tone someone uses when they need something from you. "Yes I'm heading home now." She uninterestedly said as the driver took one last turn before the car stopped.

"What is it Mrs. Hwang? You wouldn't call for a normal chit chat." She heard the old woman from the other side laugh nervously as she mischievously eyed the huge palace like house in front of her. "It's about my daughter and-" "My son?" She completed getting a yes from the caller. Like she thought, no one wanted a free chat. It's all about business everywhere. "They both have grown up and are from good families too Mrs. Lee. Don't you think-"

"I'm sure your daughter is lovely Mrs. Hwang. But you see my son has a lot of options as well." The lady knew well how to brag about their powerful position in the world of business. She herself was too powerful and she knew it well. "Yes Mrs. Lee but they both would make up a good pair." Mrs. Lee was the type of person who would spend all her time thinking about her son's well being. And she was going to do the same thing here as well.

"I'll think about it Mrs. Hwang." With that, she cut the call and entered the house she loved with all her might. "Took you long to come back." The cheerful sound of the old man who was also her husband reached the woman's ears as she smiled reaching out to him. "But here I am." After the small reunion of the couple, they walked inside the house. "Where is my son?" She asked out as Mr. Lee chuckled. "He's all grown up. He recently shifted to his new apartment."

Mrs. Lee was happy but her son was always her favourite and to know that he no longer stays with them was a slight pain for her. She needed her son in front of her eyes. Calling her son, the call was quickly taken. "Hey mom." He said out as the older lady sighed. "Did you forget your mom? Where are you kid?" The chuckle of the familiar guy was heard from outside the room they were in. "You thought I forgot?" The sight of Lee Heeseung in front of his mother's eyes cherished the old woman as the mother's boy quickly hugged his mom tightly.

"Missed you mom." He said out in the middle of his hug. "Missed you too Hee." Mrs. Lee was nothing like the old fashioned mothers. Rather she was a hard working woman who'd do anything for her family. She raised her empire all on her own along with her husband's one.

-

The family had their dinner together after a long time. A lavish, quiet dinner was what Heeseung's mom preferred. And her preference was a command to everyone. "How's work Heeseung?" She said out. "It's good. We managed to crack a lot of deals since the last month." The satisfaction she got hearing her son act like a CEO was everything she wanted. "How's life going on?" Now this question could be threatening if Heeseung was up to something bad. But he wasn't. "Your son got a girl." But this wasn't what the mother was expecting.