33. camping

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Seohyun's POV

"Chairman Kim is here." Yang Jungwon said out as I sighed taking of my glasses and looking up at him and then back at the front. "What does he want now?" I thought as the presence of the old man made its way to my room annoying me. The air was once again tensed up. The other employees bowed to the chairman as I stood up bowing as well. My father gestured me to sit down as he sat down as well.

Behind him, I saw my brother excitedly walk inside the room after waving hi to his fangirls. Goddamn what are they two even planning? "Can you take my call for once?" He asked out, a certain tone of disappointment visible on his face as it reminded of the day I skipped the deal. And also the night Heeseung came. I knew he would eventually give up, but the way he's been so quiet nowadays- I didn't expect him to give up this soon. Well whatever.

"What is it this time?" I asked getting back to my file ignoring his first question as Sunoo let out a chuckle earning a deadly stare from his biological father. The old man also known as my step father sighed getting back to the main point. "Many of the renowned companies are joining a donation camp. I want you to participate as well." I narrowed my eyes hearing him out. Oh was I not confused?

"It's a camp basically. You go there, participate and play and win the games. Win the donations stuffs and then we donate it all." Sunoo explained it all as I confusingly tilted my head. "It's for the company's benefit. And I'm not taking no for an answer." The two men didn't even let me say anything and finalized it that our company would be volunteering as well.

I didn't have any issues because it could divert my mind but at the same time I was never an outdoor person and it all sounded confusing to me. I stared at my father's face, then at my brother's and then at an excited Jungwon's face as I gave up. "Fine. Our company will join too." There was a small moment of their victory as I scoffed seeing them get so happy for nothing. "But what is Sunoo doing here?"

"He will go with you." Is he for real pressuring my brother again when I clearly told him to not? "I told you to not-" but my brother cut me off. "Sis it's fine. I told him I wanna go there. Willingly." Sus. Very sus. I stared at him suspiciously for a while before shrugging it away. "How long?"

"A week."

"What?" A week was just too much. Too much loss without my presence in the company. "Yeah. Don't worry. I have arranged for people to take care of the company in your absence." He said out getting up and fixing his tie and soon the room was filled with just me and the two younger guys excitedly wandering around. "When do we leave?"

"Tomorrow."

"What the-" why is this day full of horrible surprises. Sunoo nodded with a big smile as I gave up sighing hearing them be so happy about it for no reason.

-

Heeseung's POV

"The Kim company is coming too." Jay informed me with delight as a smile made itself to my lips. Dad made it possible to get them to volunteer as well. Jay made his way towards me as a genuine smile remained on my face while working. "Your plan sounds pretty good CEO Lee. Pretty strategic, I must say." Jay teased as I scoffed getting back to my work. I was silent these few days because I knew stalking Kim Seohyun right now wouldn't work so I was working on a different plan.

This plan.

Most of the renowned companies I knew were volunteering and so was I. And Kim Sunoo along with his father probably convinced Seohyun to participate as well. Standing up, I excitedly grabbed my phone, ready to get prepared for the next day. I was determined to make up to Seohyun by the end of this trip.

-

Seohyun's POV

Wearing a normal shirt paired up with jeans, I pulled out my cap and wore it trying to prevent myself from getting sun burned by the traumatizing heat. I stared at the excited workers arranging their stuffs making me scoff every now and then. "It's not even a picnic, why are they so excited about this?" Staring at the group of my workers, I regretted agreeing for this.

"You'll know it when you see it Kim Seohyun." A voice interrupted my thoughts as I looked behind to see Sim Jake all ready in his outdoor clothes along with his own group of workers. Was I surprised to see him? Well yeah I guess. I completely forgot he had a company of his own too. But did I forget something else too?

The Lee company.

The big van stopped as the familiar guy got out as I scoffed looking at him and looked at Jake. He shrugged it away and went to approach his friend. This is how they're gonna play huh? I frustratedly entered the empty bus and sat at the corner chewing my gum hoping no one would annoy me now.

But the door opened revealing a somewhat familiar face. A face I didn't want to see ever again. I was shocked to see him once again in my life. The guy walked inside confusingly staring at me trying to figure who I was as I quickly took the chance and got up to get out of the bus. But my feet stopped seeing Lee Heeseung enter the bus too. "Kim Seohyun?" The guy behind me finally figured out who I was as I completely went blank.

"Seohyun I want to talk to you-" Before Heeseung could finish his sentence, I quickly ran past him leaving the two guys unanswered and all alone by themselves.

Heeseung's POV

Seohyun ran past but I didn't follow her. I was more curious about the guy who called out the girl's name as I entered the bus. He flashed me a smile as I did the same and entered the bus. "Lee Heeseung." Introducing myself, I went in for a handshake as the guy returned it.

"Choi Soobin."

He said out as the memory of the Choi company who got internationally famous last year came to my mind. "Nice to meet you Soobin-shi." I was still curious as to who this guy exactly was to Kim Seohyun but I shrugged it away taking a sit.

Seohyun's POV

I harshly splashed water all over my face remembering the previous sight again. Choi Soobin is back in Korea. Just why. Looking at him, all my past memories with him came back. The good memories and the bad memories. The time he left me for money. That guy is back.

My ex is back.

| | • • • • • | |

The story took a whole ass turn, didn't it? 🤡