41. break his heart

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Seohyun's POV

I stared at thin air not breaking my stare as Jungwon tapped on my table getting my attention. "Ma'am are you okay?" He said out but I didn't answer. I was still thinking. What would be the right choice? What would hurt Heeseung less? I was scared. I was so scared and I couldn't say anything. "Jungwon." I said out as my assistant looked at me. "Yeah?"

"If you knew someone would be in pain in the future, would you hurt them now so that the pain they'll receive later on would reduce?" I asked him still in my own thoughts as he looked kind of taken aback by my question. He started thinking of the answer as I waited hoping to find a solution. "I think I would. Then the pain will go away sooner and they won't get hurt later on." He said out as it broke my heart even more.

Even he agreed.. that I should let go off the one person I loved the most. He left as my phone rang. I saw Heeseung's name on it as I came to a decision at the moment. Now, or you'll hurt him more Seohyun. "Hi babe. How's work?" He sounded cheerful. I was shaking not knowing if I actually took the best decision or not. "Heeseung can we meet after work today?" I said out with all strength as he got worried.

"Yeah we can. Why? What's the matter? Is everything okay?" He said out as I closed my eyes breathing heavily. "Yeah everything is fine." I lied cutting the call.

"Be the culprit here. Break his heart and I'll find him a better lover."

If this meant that Heeseung would be genuinely happy. Then I'll do it. If it's the only way, I can contribute to his happiness, I'll do it even if it forms a deep hole inside me.

-

Heeseung's POV

I looked at the tulip Seohyun had gotten for me as I left my apartment, on my way to meet the said girl. I was hoping it was something good. My guts told me it was something bad since she suddenly wanted to meet me. I saw the girl standing while staring at the shiny river as I got out of my car and walked over to her. Hugging her from the back, I smiled loving how she smelt but she quickly moved away.

"Hey." I said out with a smile but the girl looked so pale, it concerned me. What was wrong? "I've something to say Heeseung." She was clearly hesitating and it scared me. "It's.." taking a deep breathe, she started but I cut her off chuckling. "Wow are you gonna propose me or what?" I tried to make her feel less nervous but she blankly stared at me as I felt her eyes water up. "No Heeseung."

"What is it Seohyun?" I caressed her cheeks coming closer but she just pushed my hands away. "I don't think it's gonna work out." She said out not meeting my eyes confusing me. "What?" The girl did not looked straight at my eyes as I saw her shiny yet blank eyes. "I'm not good enough for you Heeseung." I didn't understand what she was meaning to say. It was so sudden, I didn't want to hear her finish her sentence anymore. "What are talking about.."

"Let's break up."

My heart stopped hearing her as she looked down closing her eyes tightly. "What? N-no you're kidding right?" I got closer to her but Seohyun just shook her head. "No." Scared as to what went wrong, I wasn't willing to lett the girl go so easily. "What happened Seohyun? Did I do anything wrong? Baby give me another chance. I'm sorry if I messed things up. Give me another chance please. We can work this out together.." but she didn't listen to me. Kim Seohyun backed away from me as I felt my eyes slowly tear up.

"I can't Heeseung. It's not about you. It's about me. You deserve someone way better than me. Who gives you enough time." She was being just careless now. She had no right to say what was the best for me unless I agree with it and she was wrong in this. "No Seohyun, tell me what's wrong."

"I'm sorry I can't do this."

"You're really breaking up with me? Without even telling me why?" A tear escaped my eyes as she nodded slowly making me scoff. I could see she herself was shaking but she was hurting me too. A lot. "I'm sorry Heeseung. Just remember you are an angel and whoever gets you will be the luckiest girl." I cried out slowly feeling emotionless as I walked backwards. She really was doing this to me. She really was breaking my heart after everything we had been through. Was I not enough for her?

"And you just lost that chance. You really chose work over me Seohyun. Mom was right indeed." I spat out the truth but she didn't answer anymore making me realise it was indeed the truth. She brought me out of my imagination which also led to breaking my heart. I could never get in the way between her work. And she just proved she wouldn't let me get in the way. "You're so selfish Kim Seohyun." I said out feeling the tears fall all over my face as I walked to my car. Getting inside I started driving immediately without looking at her even once.

-

Seohyun's POV

"Sis you're home. Let's watch frozen-" I walked past Sunoo without saying anything as he noticed my numb behavior. Getting inside the house, I stopped before I felt myself fall on the floor losing my control. "Seohyun!" Sunoo shouted running over to me as I blankly stared at the floor. Tearing up, I felt the salty water slowly fall from my eyes as Sunoo stared at me in shock.

"I'm so bad." I said out to myself as I felt completely empty inside. "Kim Seohyun what is it?" My brother asked sternly as I looked at him before I felt the tears fall more. "I broke his heart Sunoo. I let him go. I lost him." I sobbed with a blank expression on in front of the younger male as he stared at me with shock. "What do you mean sis? Please you're scaring me." He shook me as I broke down completely.

"His mom.. she told me Heeseung would be more hurt in the future because of me." The clueless boy frowned hearing me. "What?" He said out as I was still frozen. Simply crying with a cold look on. "She told me to break his heart so that he could be happy later on." Sunoo backed away as I stared at my trembling hand. "And I broke his heart." I closed my eyes tightly while Sunoo said nothing and looked down. He had nothing to say. Neither did I.

I broke his heart. I lost Lee Heeseung. The only person who wouldn't leave me. I hurt him and let him go. So easily.

| | • • • • • | |

Bye let me sob- Seohyun why 😭😭

Bye let me sob-
Seohyun why 😭😭