43. rain

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Seohyun's POV

"Noona you should really go to the hospital." Jungwon said out worriedly as he handed me another tissue while I coughed out blood. Coughing out blood due to exhaustion was very common to me before and even now so I didn't find it important to visit the hospital at all. "I'm fine Jungwon." I said out as the white tissue now had blood splattered all over it. I threw the tissues inside the dustbin as my assistant sighed giving up.

The door to my office opened yet once again as I saw the figure of the person I shouldn't have seen. We both stared at each other as I felt Heeseung slowly look at the red tissues inside the dustbin causing me to look away.

"Promise me you'll always take care of yourself."

"Promise."

I'm breaking it. I already broke it. The guy looked back at me and put on a fake smile. "Came here to give you the good news." He said out as I looked away knowing what he was here to tell me. Smiling back at him, I noticed his deep orbs. I longed to meet him and now that I finally met him, I wanna run away forever. "Congratulations." He chuckled nodding as both our assistants awkwardly stared at each other not knowing what to do.

Lee Heeseung stared at me for a while before he turned around. I had the urge to stop him right there and tell him that I don't wanna let him go. I'm not ready to do that. Please.. "Oh also do come to the engagement party. You're invited." He said out walking out of my room as Jungwon let out the breathe he had been holding. I sat on my chair looking at the door. Will he come back?

-

It was that night where the Lees and the Hwangs hosted the celebration party for the new couple. I breathed heavily staring at myself in the mirror. It was raining hard and I noticed my broken self through the already broken mirror before I decided to throw another decor towards it causing it to completely crumble into pieces.

I left the house feeling frustrated and walked my way under the heavy storm. I wasn't going to visit the party. I couldn't. I didn't want to face anyone of them. I wanted to lose myself now and completely be free.

-

Heeseung's POV

She didn't come. I sighed in frustration seeing everyone congratulate us but she wasn't here. Kim Seohyun wasn't going to come. The party was almost done when I left the place. Changed into my normal clothes, I walked outside smelling the earthy smell after the rain as the thought of visiting that similar place made its way to my mind.

Walking towards the familiar street pub, I noticed the sight of the familiar girl. The drunk person who sat on the footpath. Walking closer to her, I noticed she was crying. Hesitation was all I felt when I thought of leaving the place but I stayed there. Sitting beside her, I stared at a drunk Seohyun as a small smile appeared on my face. I miss you.. I hope you're taking care of yourself. But the sight of her coughing out blood said something else.

Seohyun sobbed while taking continuous sips of the beer. "Why are you crying?" I asked her as she looked at me with her red and wet eyes as I stared back at her. "Someone I love is getting married." She said through her muffled voice as I realised she was too drunk to recognize me. Would you tell why you broke up with me in your drunk state Seohyun? "You love?" She nodded looking in front once again. "Yes Lee Heeseung. I love him so much." She cried out continuing the sentence as I felt myself smile sadly. "But I don't deserve him. I really don't."

"Why do you think that?" I wanted to know what made her think this but the girl looked down slowly shaking her head. "It's hard.. to explain. I never gave him time. But he never complained." She sniffled. My eyes never left her. "That isn't a good enough reason." But Seohyun just shut her eyes tightly covering her face with her hands. "For fuck's sake. I broke up with him. I broke his heart. I can still see his teary eyes even now. I was such a bitch to him."

"Why did you break up with him then?" I wasn't gonna let her go without finding my answers. The girl coughed a bit before burping as she looked down again. "It's complicated." I sighed. "It's okay I'm patient keep going."

"It's bad. So bad. So selfish. I can't- I can't do this." Seohyun immediately stood up not wanting to answer and was leaving but I held her hand tightly stopping her. "Leave me."

"Say it Seohyun. Why did you break up with me?" I had a firm grip on her arm as she struggled to get away. The sky growled as it thundered loudly. "You look like Heeseung so much. I don't know who you are but can you please be him for a moment, I need to tell him something." She said out sniffling as I calmed down and nodded. "Go on."

"Heeseung I'm so sorry... I hurt you so much and I've come to hate myself for that. But you've to be happy okay. Happy with Hyuna. Forget Seohyun existed. Forget all these bad memories with me. And love Hyuna to your fullest." I felt myself tear up hearing her and quickly shook my head. "What if I say I love you and I want to stay with you only?" Kim Seohyun stared at me for a while before harshly getting off my grip, moving away from me. "No. You can't say that. You've to hate me. No matter what. I don't fucking care. But you have to hate me."

I wasn't able to tolerate her foolish behavior. She was being very foolish here and she was hurting both of us because of her misconception. "Why is that Seohyun? Why? Just why do you have to be like this? Stop hurting yourself. You love me I know that and I love you too-" But Seohyun shook her head walking backwards. "Stop.."

"Tell me Kim Seohyun."

"I said stop! I hate you Lee Heeseung I hate you so much. You're supposed to go get married to Hwang Hyuna and lead a good life. Don't fucking care about me." She pushed me away and ran away breaking my heart once again. The rain started pouring all over me as I angrily stared at her back.

You're horrible Kim Seohyun.

| | • • • • • | |

Dang as days pass by, I find my writing even more unbearable to read oh god-

Y'all literally went, "don't kill Seohyun." damn am I grim reaper or what-? Lmfao I could be one, u never know ;)

BWAHAHAHA