Chapter 25 Feeling Replaced

No announcements!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taika's POV

(This is a day later)

I sat on my bed and glared at my phone my brain still fuzzy and my eyes zoned out. I heard a small knock at my door and I tip-toed over slightly cracking it. There was no one at eye level so I looked down to see Eri gazing up at me confused.

"Taika?" She asked sweetly. I smiled and opened my door. She ran in and hugged my leg and I closed my door again.

"What dya kiddo?" I asked.

"Just snuggles," SHe replied. I picked her up and hugged her close.

"Okay, imma text Aizawa to let him know where you're at," I said and texted him. She nodded as she rested her head on my chest. I smiled. (Shit the ending might come sooner than I thought...shit)

"Taika?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you feeling better?" I looked at her confused and she played with her fingers a little. "Well I thought that when I  was sad and scared you gave me cuddles and hugs and that made me feel better so I thought it might help you," She mumbled.

"I appreciate but why did you think I need cuddles and hugs?" I asked.

"Well you seem a little sad,"

"Well I was a little bit I think you fixed it!" I smiled and saddened a little that my little episode so sadness was that noticeable. She gave me another hug. (Am I going back and removing the word smiled and smiles for Eri's lines cause I forgot she didn't smile until the sports festival? Mayhaps)

"Yay!" She said and pulled back. "Why were you said if I can ask Taika-nee?" (I did google it before using it)

I blushed in happiness at her using the older sister honorific on me.

"Well my daddy died around this time of year," I explained and left out the more I don't know petty reason. She nodded.

"Did you accidentally kill your daddy too?" She asked. I teared up remembering the building pieces falling on him and the way the ground cracked as I touched it.

"Yeah," I whispered. She nodded with a focused face and gave me another hug but longer this time.

"I love you Taika-nee," She said.

"I love you too Eri-nee," I replied. "Do you wanna watch Sailor Moon on my phone?" I asked and she nodded. We snuggled under a blanket and I started up the show where we last left off. A few hours later there was another knock on my door. I paused the show.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"It's Aizawa," A tired voice said. I nudged my shoulder that held Eri's head.

"Alright Eri is still in here if you were wondering I just gotta get her shoes back on." I replied and we got her shoes on her.

"That's good and all but it's dinner time," He replied as I opened my door.

"Op Eri you gotta go get dinner!" I said to Eri and she nodded while going to hug his legs to go get dinner with him.

"Honestly I was surprised you weren't downstairs with the others eating dinner." He said.

"They already started dinner? I thought they were gonna come get me," I asked and mumbled a little hurt. Shouldn't be surprised I'm getting replaced. I sent him a smile. "That's okay! I'm not hungry anyways!"

He raised his eyebrows and gave me a 'you better get something' look and I laughed.

"I have some food in here if I need it," I said and closed my door. I flopped on my bed and contrary to what Aizawa's look told me to do. I didn't grab anything. I wrapped myself up in my blanket and sulked letting the heavy feelings of being replaced and grief of the person who was closest to me being dead.