Chapter 8: Some things that lies deep inside

Time passes by.... Bondita's wounds were healing... she was physically reviving but mentally there was no sign of revival. Anirudh tries to feed her but she never had food from his hands. She only had food from her mother's hand. Anirudh was breaking into pieces snd pieces from inside.
Kaka comes and caresses her head. Tears roll down from his eyes. Sumati ma feels bleesed to see her daughter has got such a loving family.

When Dr. Bose comes to treat Bondita she tries to befriend with her but she don't respond. Bose sees Anirudh standing on the doorway with a sad face. Bose felt bad for him... she felt bad for both of them.. but what can she do.. physically she's healing but for mental healing she can't do anything.. Anirudh himself has to cure her.

Bondita started walking slowly. Her mother and Anirudh gives their hand as support. But Anirudh saw she's only giving support on her mother's hands but she's   not giving support on his hand though he was holding it.

When Anirudh saw she is not bothering him and is not trying to rely on him anymore Anirudh was sure that whatever Dr. Bose told is true. He is the only one responsible for her situation from every angle.

Why Anirudh are you breaking from inside only because Bondita is not bothered to rely on you. You wanted this only nah? You wanted Bondita not to rely on you or have your support.  Why are you breaking down so much now then??

Two weeks passes by like this. Today is the day of Manoroma's Sradh. The whole village will be present there. Kaka has told that Bondita has to be present there though Anirudh was againt it.

Koyeli takes Bondita to the ceremony place and makes her sit on a chair in the ladies place. All the ladies there were discussing in sympathy of Bondita. They thought Bondita can't hear or feel anything so they crossed their limit and had no idea that Anirudh was standing behind
"Kaya kare kismat aise hi hain unki... dosh to kuch hain hi inmain. Nehi to pati keya aise chot jate inse"

"Per unke sath to choti bahu ki jodi tiki nehi na?!"

"R a choro mard ka dheyan jab bhatka hain tab dekho ek aur la lenge.. us aurat ko dekha hain? Roj ati hain ish haveli main"

"Ha ha dekha.. bahurani main hi dosh hain.. apni pati ko hi na apne paas badh ke rakh payi toh aur keya faida aisi zindegi ka.. padh likhke keya pa legi aurat.. aurat ke liye to pati hi duniya.."

"Sahi kaha tumne ilaj karwate hain kheyal rakhte hain per ek kamre main to nehi rakha na... patni ka darja hi na mile to..."

Anirudh's blood started boiling. He quickly came and stood beside Bondita. The ladies became quiet seeing him.

"R a chote malik yeh aurat o ki baithi ki jaiga hain " hesitated Koyeli

"Pata hain Koyeli per main Bondita ke paas i khara rahunga"

Anirudh gave a angry stare at the ladies and then looked at Bondita.

A chill ran down his spine. The stare. The stone cold stare. The fierce stare that can burn everything down to Ashes

Bondita was staring at Anirudh fiercely. She heard and felt everything. Anirudh couldnot look at her for long.

"Koyeli Bondita ko apne kamre main le jao..."

Koyeli who also noticed Bondita's expressions acted according to Anirudh's words.

Anirudh could not stay there. His heart was heavy. Has Bondita started hating him so much now??. Anirudh ran to the garden and sat on the stairs. He hid his head among the knees and started sobbing hard.

Suddenly a caring hand caressed his head.

Anirudh looked up... it was kaka

"Beta... aise chale aye waha se.. pata hain tum dukhi ho tumhara dil bhari hain.. itne dino se apna dukh apne dil ke gabhir main chupake rakhe the... per Anirudh jo chala geya woh to..."

"Mujhe woh wapas chahiye kaka mujhe woh wapas chahiye" Anirudh broke down. He hugged kaka and started crying out loud.

Kaka caressed his head..

"Ro mat beta ro mat... jo chale jate hain woh wapas ate hain keya .. ro mat.. rone se Manorama wapas ay jaigi keya.."

"Manora..." Anirudh looked at kaka " ha rone se woh wapas nehi ayegi" Anirudh said hastily in a indifferent tone. He wiped his tears and walked quickly towards his room.

Anirudh's this change in expressions made kaka suspicious.

Anirudh ran into the bathroom and shut the door behind him. He started crying hard. Bondita's laughter ringed in his ears.
(Background )
   "Ami tomaro birohe rohibo binito tomate koribo baas
     Dirgho diboso dirgho rojoni dirgho boroso mas"

(I'll repent in your grief and stay inside you... for long days long nights long years and months)