Chapter 28: Bondita notices the mysterious man

Bondita nowadays tries very hard to gain back her speed of writting. She practices at night so that no one can notice it. It hurts but still she tries.
There Anirudh is trying his best to become a great barrister. Banerjee refers to him cases and he executes it perfectly. He's very impressed by Anirudh's work.

"To Anirudh paise to bohat jama kar rahe ho.. age keya plan hain..." asked Banerjee on the dinner table..
"Sir age Calcutta main settle hone ka soch raha hu... Bondita ko yaha launga... yaha use padhai karne ke liye koi nehi tokega..." replied Anirudh

Mr and Mrs Banerjee was quiet impressed by him. He has also made good friends with Sanjoy. Sanjoy is a student at Medical College and he adores and respects Anirudh like his elder brother.

In one sunday afternoon Bondita felt like going to the ghat and just sit there. She used to sit at ghat in afternoon when she was in Devipur. I gives much peace of mind and so many imaginations comes to mind.

She went there but found the ladies washing clothes there. So she went at a distance and sat on the bank of the river.

"R a bahurani aap yaha..."
"Ha .. dupeher main nadike kinare baithne main maza ata hain mujhe.." Bondita replied giving a wide smile..
"Aj kal Anirudh babu ate nehi na yada yaha...??"
"Unhe bohat kaam rehta hain na.. isliye ay nehi pate.."
"Dekhiye Bahurani ji... dheyan rakhiye ga... mard ka marzi... kahi chut na jaye apke pati apse..."
Bondita was stunned..
"Aap log kehna keya chahate ho?!"
"Dekhiye Bahurani ji... sunne main karwa hain per yeh sach hain... apko apke pati ne kabhi patni ka darja diya nehi... aapko woh bacchi manti hain.. per unka bhi to man karta hain na apne pasand ka jibansathi pane ko.."
Bondita got red with anger.. she stood up...
"Apne pasand ka jibansathi? ?!" She shouted..." aap sayed jante nehi mere patibabu mere liye keya keya karte hain... kisliye karte hain woh??... woh kabhi mera sthan kisi aur ko nehi denge.."

Haran and Halder looked on from behind a tree. Halder gave a shrude smile.. "aab ayega sach samne" whispered Halder.

"Per apke pati ne dusri shadi to kar li na..." replied one of the ladies..
Bondita was stunned... what to say now?
She instantly thought of an excuse.. "woh bhi mere loye hi kiya tha... main choti hu na isliye mera kheyal rakhne ke liye shadi kiya unhone..."

"Aap sachmain bohat bholi ho bahurani ji... apko baccha banake rakha hain apke pati babu ne.. aurat o wala kuch janne nehi diya apko... "
"Woh kehte hain ki meri abhi wohsab janne ka umar nehi hain... patibabu kehte hain baal vibha ek ku pratha hain... mujhe bachane ke liye unhe ys kupratga ka sahara lena para... woh kehte hain ki in sab bate hum jaise baccho ki dimag main ghusake unka bachpan aur jiban sab kharab kar deta hain samaj.."

"per hum apki bhalai ke liye hi keh rahe the... pati ka patni se itna dur rehna thick hain keya? Tumlog hi bolo.."

All the ladies agreed

"Aap ko bharka raha hain apka pati... sanai rehte unhe achal main badh lijiye bahurani ji.... aj choti patni mar geyi isliye woh keh rahe hain ki apke dheyan rakhne ke liye laye the... per agar jinda rehti to pata nehi keya...."

Some weird thoughts came into Bondita's mind...

The ladies left the ghat leaving Bondita confused in thoughts. She again sat there and tried to decode the matter. Was her patibabu really lying to her? Wasn't Manorama a krantikari?... yes she was... they don't know the truth that's why they're telling this.... but...

Halder sighed. "Yeh larki keya sach bol rahi hain ya kuch chupa rahi hain... Haran jara pata lagao to.."
"Ji Haldar babu per ek baat yeh larki ka dimag rail gari ki tarah chalta hain... kisi bhi jasoos ki nahi hain woh..."

Haldar and Haran left....

Bondita got up. She stared at the beauty of the orange sun. She stated whispering a song and was soon lost in its melody

Bondita was on her way towards the haveli murmuring the song and jumping on its tune. Suddenly she felt that old uncomfortable thing she feels everyday. Someone is following her. She turned back and noticed a man hiding behind the pillar. A chill ran down her spine. She sarted walking fast and after comming a distance she suddenly turned back. She saw a man. Looking at the sky and moving his fingures in unknown direction. Bondita is now sure this is the man who follows her. She started running and entered the haveli at one breathe.

Trilochan kaka was talking with a man. He noticed Bondita grasping.

"Bahu keya hua??? Kaha thi tum itni der..."
"Nadi ke kinare..." replied Bondita taking heavy breathes
"Akele keu geyi thi??.. maine kaha tha na akrle bagar na jana " Scolds Kaka

Bondita stood there in a frightened way.

"Jao under jao... pani pio jao.."

That night...
The words of  the ladies had a deep impact on her...
The phone rang....
"Hellooo patibabu??"
"Ha Bondita. .. kaisi ho..."
"Aap kab ayoge???" Her tone was like ordering
"Bondita her din ek sawal.. kal samjhaya na maine.."

Haran looks on...

"Mujhe kuch nehi sunna ap jaldi ayo..."
"Ayunga Bondita jaldi ayunga..."
"Ek hafte ke under agar aap nehi aye to main waha ay jayunga..."
"Baba meri patni devi to hukum chala rahi hain... ta rani saheba aap ayenge kaise? ?" Teased Anirudh

"Itne dino main apne apki Bondita ko nehi pehchana??... main thick ay jaungi.. sotti..."

Bondita cut the phone..
Anirudh was shocked. He looked at the phone receiver and smiled nodding his head... "thick ay jaungi... yeh bacchi bhi na... dekhne ka bohat man karta hain use.. uski hasi uski abhiman.." Anirudh was immered in deep sweet thought of his little partner....