Chapter 42: Anirudh comes to know of Bondita's wound

Kakima took Bondita to the room.
"Bondita tum chup chap baitho yaha main dawai lati hu.."
"Nehi kskima main thick hu.."
"Chup... chup chap baitho yaha... Bimala..."
"Ji ginnima.." responded Bimala..
"Tu reh yaha thick hain.."
"Ji.."
Kakima went and brought a thermometer and medicine.
"Chalo Bondita  dekhne do mujhe..."
Kakima checked her temperature
"102?!.... tumhari tabiyat kharap hain tumnain bola nehi..."
Bondita looked innocently at her... she gave her the medicine
"Ise khao aur so jao.."
"Mujhe nind nehi ayi hain..."
"Bondita... jo kaha woh karo.. ab samjhi keu daat khate ho Anirudh se.."
Bondita gulped the tablet and quietly laid down fearing kakima might complain about her to Anirudh.

Mistry reached the court and started searching for a lawer who fights against the Britishers. He used his sources. Soon he heard Barrister Banerjee is a dreaded name to the Britishers. But he's late. Barrister Banerjee already left. He started searching for his address.

Kakima went to Bondita. She saw her sleeping. She went near her and kept her hand on her forehead. It's warm like a fire. Kakima was afraid. Even after giving medicine the temperature rose. She decided to bring some water and do jal patti. As she was walking past the corridoor she saw Sanjoy comming dancing.
"R a Joy sun.."
"Keya baat hain ma... aap itni chintit keu dikh rahi ho..."
"R a Bondita ko bhukhar aya tha.. dawai di per fer bhi bhukhar bar geya... jara dekh na ekbar.."
"Ha chaliye.."
Joy went with his mother. He checked her temperature. "Yeh to bohat... ap pehle inke kapre badal dijiye... inko dekhke mujhe hi garmi lag rahi hain... halke kapre dijiye... main abhi hath mu dho ake dekhta hu.."
Bondita has gone too weak by then. Kakima pulled her up and changed her clothes. While changing she was shocked. A big deep scar on her hand which has turned into a blemish.
Joy arrived with his bag.
Kakima looked with shock at him..
"Keya hua ma?"
Kakima showed him the scar. Joy looked at her and checked the scar.
"Yeh to septic ho raha hain?!... itna gehra ghao... purana ghao lag raha hain... uske upar pani girke... hey bhagwan.. kisiko bataya tak nehi..."
"Aab keya kare??"
"Keya kare aur.. injection dena hoga.. treatment karni hogi .. nehi to yeh janlewa ban jayega.."
Bondita woke up hearing the sounds.
"Keya hua?" She asked slowly..
"Bondita? " kakima showed her the scar "tumnain iske bare main kisiko kuch bataya keu nehi?"
Bondita was shocked. So far she was hiding it under the blouse. She quickly hid it under her achal. Her expressions gave rise to suspicion in Kakima and Joy's mind.
"Thick hain woh sab badmain hoga pehle injection deke dressing karni hogi.."
"Injection?!" Bondita was shocked.
Joy went and bought the medicine and then prepared the syringe.
"Mujhe nehi lagwana mujhe sui se dar lagta hain.."
"Bondita lagwana hoga Bondita"
Kakima hold her hands. Joy went to put the syringe but Bondita gave such a blow that the syringe flew like a cricket ball and hit the wall and broke into half.
Bondita never imagined that things will go this far. She looked at Joy's hopeless slightly angry expressions and took a gulp.
They hard the horn of the car. Anirudh and Banerjee went inside the Study..
"Anirudh kal ki hearing ke liye jo kakjat..."
Joy came in..
"Anirudh dada..."
"Ha Joy... keya.. bolo..."
"Apki madad chahiye .. nehi to mere sare syringe o ka satyanash ho jaiga.."
"Syringe?!"
"Ha woh..... ab..... mujhe ek vaat lagta hain Anirudh dada Bondita... boudi yaha aise hi nehi ayi hain.."
"Matlab? Abhi to tum Syringe  ki baat..."
"Unke hasth main ek gehri ghao hain... purani ghao.. jo itne din se kaore ke under chupa rahi thi.. usmain pani parke septic ho geya hain.. aur injection lagane de rahi mujhe.. ek Syringe to tod hi diya..."
Anirudh was standing shocked.
"Ghao?!"
"Aap pehle chaliye dada nehi to sayed unki tabiyat aur bigad jaigi..."
Anirudh went to the room. Bondita looked frightenedly at him.
"Bondita? !" He came and checked her wound "kaisi lagi tumhain??.." he checked her forehead "itna bhukhar.." Anirudh stated sweating
"Dada ap pehle unhe pakriye main injection laga deta hu.."
Banerjee came and stood there.
"Ha tum lagao..."
"Nehi mujhe nehi lagwana..."
"Bondita lagana parega..."
"Nehi lagana mujhe.."
As Joy arrived with the needle she gave another blow but this time Joy saved his syringe.
Anirudh looked at Bondita angrily
"Chup chap baitho yaha.." he shouted. "Joy tum lagao"
Bondita stated crying..
Anirudh tightly hold her hands and moved her face towards him. Bondita pushed her head inside Anirudh's arms and sobbed.
"Mat lagao dard hota hain.."
"Keya dard hota hain... kab ka lag geya injection.." teased Joy.
Bondita looked at her hands and then looked at Joy..
"Lag geya.."
"Dard hua?" Asked Anirudh smiling
Bondita moved away her face.
"Chalo ab dressing kar deta hu..."
While dressing Bondita clutched Anirudh's shirt tightly. And he caressed her head and tried to move her face away so that she don't stare at the wound.
"Dada yeh ghao to bohat gehra hain.. koi accident ka nishan lag raha hain. .."
Bondita lowered her head to avoid eye contact with Anirudh
"Bondita kaise lagi yeh chot..."
Bondita didn't reply..
"Bondita bolo... Bondita. .. kaise lagi?? Tumnain to kabhi phone main kuch nehi bola.." Anirudh suddenly recalled something "tum mujhe bar bar aise ghar lautne ko keu bolti thi... Bondita. .. keya chupa rahi ho... Bondita..."
Bondita's heart went heavy... she stated sobbing..
"Bondita ?"
Suddenly she pushed her head inside Anirudh's chest and cried out loud.
Banerjee and kakima looked at each other..
"Bondita? " Anirudh caressed her head "keya hua.." he tried to pull her face out but kakima signed him to let her cry. He caressed her head and a sudden dreaded thought started spinning inside his mind